Expired

Can anyone help me in finding plug adaptor for Nikon MH-24 battery charger

Found 26th Feb 2015
Hi, Can anyone help me in finding plug adaptor for Nikon MH-24 battery charger ?

Please see the first image (plug adaptor circled in red) & second image for more clarification.

Thank You.
Community Updates
AskChargerNikonBattery
11 Comments
Original Poster
First Image

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1851/DSeQIu.jpg

Second Image

imageshack.com/a/i…jpg
do you really need the clip on adapter ..... AFAIK it also has a standard figure of eight socket and cables can be had for a few quid

EliTom
Original Poster
elitom

do you really need the clip on adapter ..... AFAIK it also has a standard … do you really need the clip on adapter ..... AFAIK it also has a standard figure of eight socket and cables can be had for a few quidEliTom

Thanks but do you know if I can have a Nikon Plug adaptor ?
cannot find any easily online - maybe contact Nikon UK

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/footers/contacts.page?

EliTom
Original Poster
Well I tried but no luck as they said it does come with the charger. They advised me to contact Nikon retailers to see if they can sell it separately.
If as EliTom says it has a fig 8 then I agree - use that.

Otherwise I think you could you use a travel adapter?

The two prongs on the charger unit are just a standard American 2 prong plug aren't they?

Only issue would be knowing if the official Nikon adapter has voltage conversion built into the unit or into the adapter plug that you want. If it has a fig8 then should be in the unit so you just need a cheapy adapter rather than a voltage step down
mas99

If as EliTom says it has a fig 8 then I agree - use that.Otherwise I … If as EliTom says it has a fig 8 then I agree - use that.Otherwise I think you could you use a travel adapter?The two prongs on the charger unit are just a standard American 2 prong plug aren't they?Only issue would be knowing if the official Nikon adapter has voltage conversion built into the unit or into the adapter plug that you want. If it has a fig8 then should be in the unit so you just need a cheapy adapter rather than a voltage step down

In the last ten years or so I have never seen a charger / power adapter that is not 100-250v compliant !!!

The clip on adapter are just to make it look tidier and add value to make it appear a premium product !!

But such adapter tend to be proprietory and therefore expensive if replacements are required

cheapest and esiest option would be the figure of eight cable

EliTom
Original Poster
mas99

If as EliTom says it has a fig 8 then I agree - use that.Otherwise I … If as EliTom says it has a fig 8 then I agree - use that.Otherwise I think you could you use a travel adapter?The two prongs on the charger unit are just a standard American 2 prong plug aren't they?Only issue would be knowing if the official Nikon adapter has voltage conversion built into the unit or into the adapter plug that you want. If it has a fig8 then should be in the unit so you just need a cheapy adapter rather than a voltage step down

Thanks but it hasn't got a fig 8 but shall I tried a travel adaptor & it works fine.

I was just looking to get the Original Nikon plug adaptor....
jamilayz

Thanks but it hasn't got a fig 8 but shall I tried a travel adaptor & it … Thanks but it hasn't got a fig 8 but shall I tried a travel adaptor & it works fine.I was just looking to get the Original Nikon plug adaptor....

yep it woudl appear that there is more than one version of this charger

has yours got two retractable blades? if yes these are most likely teh same as US plugs and therefore a UK visitor adapter would work - availble in Poundland !

EliTom
Original Poster
elitom

In the last ten years or so I have never seen a charger / power adapter … In the last ten years or so I have never seen a charger / power adapter that is not 100-250v compliant !!!The clip on adapter are just to make it look tidier and add value to make it appear a premium product !!But such adapter tend to be proprietory and therefore expensive if replacements are requiredcheapest and esiest option would be the figure of eight cableEliTom

If I use a fig 8 cable then unfortunately I can't plug it in to the wall socket.

Edited by: "jamilayz" 26th Feb 2015
Original Poster
elitom

yep it woudl appear that there is more than one version of this … yep it woudl appear that there is more than one version of this chargerhas yours got two retractable blades? if yes these are most likely teh same as US plugs and therefore a UK visitor adapter would work - availble in Poundland !EliTom

Thanks EliTom, I will check out Poundland.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants