Can anyone help me out with paypal please - limited account

Found 3rd Oct 2011
Basically paypal have limited my account and im wondering if its because all the gift payments ive been getting from here maybe.
They have asked me to choose which of the following ownership types i am - which i am just a mum making money by selling things that are no longer needed
EU regulations require us to confirm your account information.

Your account is on file as a legal entity (such as a company, partnership, charity or government entity), yet you've selected a different account type. Please only click Continue if you want to change to an individual consumer. Or select a different account type. You won’t be able to change it again at a later date.

Your account is on file as a legal entity (such as a company, partnership, charity or government entity), yet you've selected a different account type. Please only click Continue if you want to change to a sole trader. Or select a different account type. You won’t be able to change it again at a later date.

What is your ownership type?

An individual consumer refers to any physical person acting outside their business, trade or profession.

A sole proprietor What's this?A sole proprietor is a business owned and run by one individual where there is no legal distinction between the owner and the business. A sole proprietor may also use a business name other than his or her legal name.

Any other type of business, charity or government entity

Can anyone help on which i would be coz i havent got a clue! Thanks everyone xx
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
If you're just selling items here and there (either used unwanted or new unwanted) and it is not a business or your main source of income, you should chose INDIVIDUAL CONSUMER. The only thing is that PayPal will question why you have been receiving 'PayPal Gift' for items you have sold. This is circumventing their fees and they do not look kindly upon it.

Also, if in the future you want to operate as a business, then you will have to open another Business Account (whether it is a Limited Company or Sole Trader etc.)
How did you find out about the limitation?
I quite frequently get emails saying that my account is limited, but it's a scam email that my mum fell for!
Don't ever use the link in one of those emails, they say it's limited to make you panic and sign in and then boof!, they've got your log-in details.
Always go through the Paypal site itself.
Sorry if I sound abrupt, it's just such a mission to change your details with them as my mum found out! oO
Individual consumer is what you need if you are only selling your old stuff
Thanks everyone, it was confusing me, No what it was chuckiedoll it was there when i logged in through paypal and ive never had it until i started selling on here, but im not business so didnt want to put that, thanks for your help everyone!!
chuckiedoll

How did you find out about the limitation? I quite frequently get emails … How did you find out about the limitation? I quite frequently get emails saying that my account is limited, but it's a scam email that my mum fell for! Don't ever use the link in one of those emails, they say it's limited to make you panic and sign in and then boof!, they've got your log-in details. :(Always go through the Paypal site itself.Sorry if I sound abrupt, it's just such a mission to change your details with them as my mum found out! oO

We get these emails too, and know there scams when they come through a different email address to the one on paypal.
Hey everyone!

Please help me with the same issue BUT from the other angle.
I want to lift up the limit because it is uncomfortable to withdraw only $500 a day. Sometimes I need to withdraw more and this irritates me pushing to wait until next day.
I need to know WHAT will happen if I choose any type from suggested ones (individual, sole proprietor, business.)
I mean I'm wondering WHAT this will result in? What obligations will it burden on me? Considering different conditions I can choose any of these 3 types so I need to know what each one of them will result to.

Thank you very much in advance! This is very urgent.
Hi, I have the same problem above, and i didnt know what to do and i clicked on sole trader and now they are asking me for VAT numbers and so on but i am not business man or have any business i didn't know what to do so i clicked on sole trader, at the moment my account is limited and they are asking for information, i don't know what to do, I sell every now and then old stuff or some times new stuff but not that much only here and there, i would like to change to something where my account is unlimited, how can i change from sole trader to something else and what shall i change to????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Send me £100 via PayPal gift and I can help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants