Can anyone help me pick an good android box that plays KODI?

Found 12th Sep 2015
I have an MX android box and its rubbish. very slow and non responsive. can anyone help with a website that offers fast responsive boxes at a good price please?

33 Comments

Does anyone know why running Kodi on firestick keeps giving no stream available on Genesis? Used it in the past with no problems. Thanks
Hope its ok asking this here.

Jammy212

Does anyone know why running Kodi on firestick keeps giving no stream … Does anyone know why running Kodi on firestick keeps giving no stream available on Genesis? Used it in the past with no problems. ThanksHope its ok asking this here.

Which ISP are you using?

I have it on amazon fire and working great

Raspberry Pi from ebay 54 pounds

I use a Raspberry Pi 2 ...costs about £30 ... case is about £5 ...patch 6 cable £1 .. and you also need a class 10 micro sd card 8gb or above available from £3

Valuedeals

I use a Raspberry Pi 2 ...costs about £30 ... case is about £5 ...patch 6 … I use a Raspberry Pi 2 ...costs about £30 ... case is about £5 ...patch 6 cable £1 .. and you also need a class 10 micro sd card 8gb or above available from £3

Add a power supply to that and possibly a way of controlling the device like a bluetooth keyboard if your TV doesn't support CEC.
I found the MXQ I posted above performs better with OpenELEC compared to the Pi 2. I think it's because of the NAND storage. Supports CEC. H.265 is supported too.

Matricon G box is supposed to be good £79 from Amazon. Or pick up a cheap mini PC. I run it on a Chromebox and its top class

M8S from ebay uk sellers for around £39 or get the one rev6 suggested if you dont mind waiting a few weeks and are prepared to pay their return costs to china if it goes wrong under warranty

FTCom

Which ISP are you using?

Sky, I know they can be pretty strict but it was working and now has stopped Cheers

chocci

M8S from ebay uk sellers for around £39 or get the one rev6 suggested if … M8S from ebay uk sellers for around £39 or get the one rev6 suggested if you dont mind waiting a few weeks and are prepared to pay their return costs to china if it goes wrong under warranty

The one in the link I posted is delivered from the UK.

Jammy212

Sky, I know they can be pretty strict but it was working and now has … Sky, I know they can be pretty strict but it was working and now has stopped Cheers

Funny enough it's seems to be working fine now. Think its just to do with the stream.

Jammy212

Funny enough it's seems to be working fine now. Think its just to do … Funny enough it's seems to be working fine now. Think its just to do with the stream.

And in answer to the original question I'd just use a fire stick. Does the job.

Jammy212

Does anyone know why running Kodi on firestick keeps giving no stream … Does anyone know why running Kodi on firestick keeps giving no stream available on Genesis? Used it in the past with no problems. ThanksHope its ok asking this here.

​it's because a lot of the sources on it don't work. Try to look for vk and ororo. They always work

Kodi boxes on eBay for £28.99. Andriod tv basically. Remote. Power supply. Hdmi ect all included

wayners

Kodi boxes on eBay for £28.99. Andriod tv basically. Remote. Power … Kodi boxes on eBay for £28.99. Andriod tv basically. Remote. Power supply. Hdmi ect all included

Just picked up a MXQ box off there from a good seller, was fully loaded and works like a dream. Happy Days

Here you go

Got one of these myself and plays Kodi brilliantly!
well worth the money although the remote a pain to use to get setup to the point you can takeover with your mobile

rev6

The one in the link I posted is delivered from the UK.

but can you return it to the UK if its faulty or breaks under warranty?

sandy46

I have it on amazon fire and working great

I would second this, if you feel comfy running a few 'technical steps'. This YouTube video guide explains it will - youtube.com/wat…8No

chocci

but can you return it to the UK if its faulty or breaks under warranty?

Yes.

op

try deleting kodi and running this version on the mx box

not had any issues on mine....
tvaddons.ag/tvm…id/

rev6

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_94469.html?wid=3

​Not a good box

peter512

​Not a good box

Works really good here running OpenELEC. Better than the Pi2 anyway.

rev6

i think you will have the famous amlogic codec

.....issues.

peter512

i think you will have the famous amlogic codec

peter512

.....issues.

Which are they?

Sorry....meant to say the box has amlogic codec hardware issues....playback issues.

peter512

Sorry....meant to say the box has amlogic codec hardware … Sorry....meant to say the box has amlogic codec hardware issues....playback issues.

Be more specific. What playback issues?

Are u feeling ok. ....

rev6

Thats what im running in the kitchen works far better with Openelec.
OP already has an MX box tho so would probably be better off with a Fire TV Box which is silky smooth with Kodi.

Djd1981

Matricon G box is supposed to be good £79 from Amazon. Or pick up a cheap … Matricon G box is supposed to be good £79 from Amazon. Or pick up a cheap mini PC. I run it on a Chromebox and its top class

​great suggestion that Mxq box looks great value and good spec too

I m running Kodi on an MX3 box-works amazing-quad core, 4K etc
Be sure to buy with 2gb RAM not 1gb, it makes alot of difference to the speed of use/UI
You can pick them up for about £40 on the Bay

jrumbelow

I m running Kodi on an MX3 box-works amazing-quad core, 4K etcBe sure to … I m running Kodi on an MX3 box-works amazing-quad core, 4K etcBe sure to buy with 2gb RAM not 1gb, it makes alot of difference to the speed of use/UIYou can pick them up for about £40 on the Bay

​totally agree 1gb u can't flash open elec is it s802.
Post a comment
@
    Text