Groups

Can anyone help me pls?

When i had MSN on my laptop and i used to sign in, i used to get a pop up message saying something along the lines of 'you have been signed out of the messenger service because you have logged into another location'
    When i wasnt signed into MSN people were still sending me messages thru this other messenger. I have removed everything to do with MSN from my laptop but this other messenger is still on it and i'm not sure how to remove it coz i thought i had.

Anyone understand that and know how i can remove it pls?

EDIT: it's just another version of msn, an older version

thanks
    lynds x

42 Comments

Banned

You have broke it.

Too much time on MSN

Original Poster

DLM;8735850

You have broke it.Too much time on MSN

:lol: i havent been on it for ages, thats why i want it removed coz i think it shows up as me being signed in all the time.... so annoying :x

Banned

do you have 'pigeon' ???

Original Poster

T_Kake;8735860

do you have 'pigeon' ???

:? nope

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;8735859

:lol: i havent been on it for ages, thats why i want it removed coz i … :lol: i havent been on it for ages, thats why i want it removed coz i think it shows up as me being signed in all the time.... so annoying :x

Good luck, I am rubbish with computers.

My neighbour fixes mine.

My fella goes in hospital for a week today, I am missing him already :-(

Original Poster

DLM;8735871

Good luck, I am rubbish with computers.My neighbour fixes mine.My fella … Good luck, I am rubbish with computers.My neighbour fixes mine.My fella goes in hospital for a week today, I am missing him already :-(

thanks.

awww bless ya :friends: i miss my fella even when he's at work lol xx

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;8735866

:? nope

I will ask my sis, all i would advise is to completely remove anything to do with msn out of your downloads (which you seem to have done) take your password out of the log in box if it signs you in automatically? not sure how your getting messages when you have removed it lol hmm

when it says 'you have been signed out because you have signed in from another location' that wont be because of your laptop i dont think.
    It may mean you have signed in on another computer and when that computer starts up it logs you in automatically?
    i remember this happened to me awhile ago so i made a new account, maybe try changing your password?

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;8735875

thanks.awww bless ya :friends: i miss my fella even when he's at work lol … thanks.awww bless ya :friends: i miss my fella even when he's at work lol xx

It is quite a big operation, so I am also a bit worried about him.

Hope you get your computer fixed soon x x

Banned

DLM;8735884

It is quite a big operation, so I am also a bit worried about him.Hope … It is quite a big operation, so I am also a bit worried about him.Hope you get your computer fixed soon x x

Hope everything goes well for him, stay strong n chin up love! you have us lot to keep you company! haha

Banned

T_Kake;8735902

Hope everything goes well for him, stay strong n chin up love! you have … Hope everything goes well for him, stay strong n chin up love! you have us lot to keep you company! haha

Original Poster

T_Kake;8735880

I will ask my sis, all i would advise is to completely remove anything to … I will ask my sis, all i would advise is to completely remove anything to do with msn out of your downloads (which you seem to have done) take your password out of the log in box if it signs you in automatically? not sure how your getting messages when you have removed it lol hmm

lol i know, its puzzling me... i've removed it all via 'add/remove programs' in control panel :?

deadduck_145;8735882

when it says 'you have been signed out because you have signed in from … when it says 'you have been signed out because you have signed in from another location' that wont be because of your laptop i dont think.It may mean you have signed in on another computer and when that computer starts up it logs you in automatically? i remember this happened to me awhile ago so i made a new account, maybe try changing your password?

no its the older version of msn that must automatically sign in and then when i signed into the new version it would log me out of the old version but i dont know how to remove the old version coz i've removed the new and thought i'd removed the old but obviously hadnt

Banned

Try removing the old one? search for it inn the search bar?

Original Poster

DLM;8735884

It is quite a big operation, so I am also a bit worried about him.Hope … It is quite a big operation, so I am also a bit worried about him.Hope you get your computer fixed soon x x

hope it all goes well, he'll be fine tho
    thanks xx

Original Poster

T_Kake;8735941

Try removing the old one? search for it inn the search bar?

dunno what its called but thought i'd found it and removed it, obviously not lol... i'm crap with stuff like this

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;8735947

dunno what its called but thought i'd found it and removed it, obviously … dunno what its called but thought i'd found it and removed it, obviously not lol... i'm crap with stuff like this

Just go to search and type in windows messenger? i just tried and msn comes up on mine

lfc_engravedonheart;8735928

lol i know, its puzzling me... i've removed it all via 'add/remove … lol i know, its puzzling me... i've removed it all via 'add/remove programs' in control panel :?no its the older version of msn that must automatically sign in and then when i signed into the new version it would log me out of the old version but i dont know how to remove the old version coz i've removed the new and thought i'd removed the old but obviously hadnt

hmm thats quite confusing :-D

erm how about try uninstalling both then reinstalling the new one?

i use an uninstaller program to remove my programs and that claims to remove every single file left behind. you could try one of those maybe?
    ]Revo uninstaller or ]Your uninstaller

Original Poster

T_Kake;8735951

Just go to search and type in windows messenger? i just tried and msn … Just go to search and type in windows messenger? i just tried and msn comes up on mine

hmmm yahoo messenger is the only thing that comes up

deadduck_145;8735956

hmm thats quite confusing :-Derm how about try uninstalling both then … hmm thats quite confusing :-Derm how about try uninstalling both then reinstalling the new one?i use an uninstaller program to remove my programs and that claims to remove every single file left behind. you could try one of those maybe? ]Revo uninstaller or ]Your uninstaller

very confusing! thanks i've downladed the first one but it has only found yahoo messenger, i'm so confused lol

Banned

type msconfig in start up, then start up, see what you have in there

Original Poster

sassie;8736136

type msconfig in start up, then start up, see what you have in there

nothing there that looks like it would be messenger.... there is one there that doesnt have a name tho, just blank

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;8736179

nothing there that looks like it would be messenger.... there is one … nothing there that looks like it would be messenger.... there is one there that doesnt have a name tho, just blank

if it is automatically running, it must be in there, that shows all programs running on start up

can you do a screen dump and post here

To remove it, goto add/remove programs and then goto Add/RemoveWindows Components? The old version should be in there...HTH :thumbsup:

or you can just go in to the preferences for windows messenger (the old one) and set it to not start up when windows loads.

Should be Options > Preferences I think

Original Poster

sassie;8736188

if it is automatically running, it must be in there, that shows all … if it is automatically running, it must be in there, that shows all programs running on start upcan you do a screen dump and post here

how do i do that pls?

Banned

key along top (prt sc) then paste in somewhere like paint

i had assumed you have been into add/remove programmes and removed it this way?

See Post #23

Which operating system ?

Original Poster

sassie;8736349

key along top (prt sc) then paste in somewhere like painti had assumed … key along top (prt sc) then paste in somewhere like painti had assumed you have been into add/remove programmes and removed it this way?

birdyboyuk;8736358

See Post #23

yeah i've removed it in add/remove programmes

Original Poster

dontasciime;8736648

Which operating system ?

dontasciime;8736677

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-stop-Windows-Live-Messenger-from-popping-up/

not sure, i cant even find it anywhere on my laptop to even sign in but i got a message last night on it so i know its still there

Banned

did you do a screen shot?

operating system as in windows xp? windows 7, etc, etc

Original Poster

sassie;8736349

key along top (prt sc) then paste in somewhere like paint

still none the wiser, easier for me to just type whats on there

atiptaxx
    RTHDCPL
    SkyTel
    ALCMTR
    AGRSMMSG
    SynTPEnh
    Hotkey
    TPSMain
    NDSTray
    SmoothView
    PadExe
    ddwmon
    ccApp
    cfgwiz
    UsrPrmpt
    CFSServ
    qttask
    BTHelpNotifier
    ekipewapafiqema
    jusched
    (this one has no name)
    realsched
    toscdspd
    ctfmon
    GoogleToolbarNotifier
    YahooMessenger
    uTorrent
    TeaTimer
    NPSAgent
    edas
    Windows Desktop Search
    Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch

Original Poster

sassie;8737867

did you do a screen shot?operating system as in windows xp? windows 7, … did you do a screen shot?operating system as in windows xp? windows 7, etc, etc

oh sorry, XP

Banned

i have searched hukd as i once had this problem but cannot find it anywhere, i am sure someone helped me do it via registry

first downlaod and run MBAM

regnow.com/sof…exe

When you have scanned your whole system let us know

lfc_engravedonheart;8737839

yeah i've removed it in add/remove programmes

Did you go into the Windows Components button on left hand side?

Original Poster

dontasciime;8738044

first downlaod and run … first downlaod and run MBAMhttps://www.regnow.com/softsell/visitor.cgi?affiliate=10793&action=site&vendor=12128&ref=http%3A%2F%2Ffileforum.betanews.com%2Fsendfile%2F1186760019%2F1%2F1275401474.f69fa8a0d6c47201511ad9505737734fb6d33584%2Fmbam-setup.exeWhen you have scanned your whole system let us know

ok, doing that now

birdyboyuk;8738051

Did you go into the Windows Components button on left hand side?

yep

Banned

if that is from your start up i am surprised your computer runs - lol

will let the experts take over now, hope you get it sorted, i know how frustrating things can be when your not computer savvy

Original Poster

sassie;8738152

if that is from your start up i am surprised your computer runs - lolwill … if that is from your start up i am surprised your computer runs - lolwill let the experts take over now, hope you get it sorted, i know how frustrating things can be when your not computer savvy

i thought that but i darent delete anything coz i will probs mess something up. thanks for your help up to now anway, repped

Original Poster

dontasciime;8738044

first downlaod and run … first downlaod and run MBAMhttps://www.regnow.com/softsell/visitor.cgi?affiliate=10793&action=site&vendor=12128&ref=http%3A%2F%2Ffileforum.betanews.com%2Fsendfile%2F1186760019%2F1%2F1275401474.f69fa8a0d6c47201511ad9505737734fb6d33584%2Fmbam-setup.exeWhen you have scanned your whole system let us know

done now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Currys Return33
      2. How long do CEX take to process a bank transfer?87
      3. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo33
      4. HP Instant Ink 4 month trial setup?1827

See more discussions