Can anyone help me to buy a brand new PS3 Slim?

Found 1st Apr 2017
Hi Everyone, been looking for a while for a brand new PS3 Slim...seen some on game (third party sellers £299) and gumtree but still bit too much £££ not to bothered about hard drive size as I know I can easily upgrade. My launch model 60GB is getting a little tired now... fan is now sounding like a hoover after 15mins play time.

Thanks for your help!
Community Updates
AskPS3
20 Comments
Just refurb your PS3 as you're downgrading with a slim. It easier than you think.
I think you really should be upgrading to PS4 now, but if you want a cheap 500GB PS3 Slim, heres a link (it is seller refurbished): ebay.co.uk/itm…952
envoxim

I think you really should be upgrading to PS4 now, but if you want a … I think you really should be upgrading to PS4 now, but if you want a cheap 500GB PS3 Slim, heres a link (it is seller refurbished): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381770496952

So not "brand new" then as requested..
take the lid off your ps3 and give it a vacuum out, that's most likely the cause of the overheating. And why do you need a brand new one? If you're spending that sort of cash locating hard to find old equipment you might as well go for a PS4
Refurbished by musicmagpie.... please

Have the PS4 from launch so not needed.

Love my PS3 still have huge backlog thanks to hotukdeals X) not to mention my PS4 collection...

I don't mind getting a Slim brand new for a reasonable price as I really want to go back to the dark souls series so can rack up 200+ hours easily
kester76

Just refurb your PS3 as you're downgrading with a slim. It easier than … Just refurb your PS3 as you're downgrading with a slim. It easier than you think.

Recommend anyone? I believe my fan issue is a thermal paste repair. Been done before but I have seen that if you do several thermal paste repairs on top of each other it will resolve my hair dryer!!
Amazon uk have reconditioned PlayStation 3 for £34.99
searchersearcher

Recommend anyone? I believe my fan issue is a thermal paste repair. Been … Recommend anyone? I believe my fan issue is a thermal paste repair. Been done before but I have seen that if you do several thermal paste repairs on top of each other it will resolve my hair dryer!!

The 60GB launch model is a good model with extra USB sockets so it's worth keeping. I don't know anyone off hand but I would say with youtube guide you could do this yourself. I'd strip, clean the PS3 with canned air. Clean the old gunk off with arctic cleaner and replace with MX-4. Also swap the fan for another 19 blade one.
Refurbished by musicmagpie.... please

Have the PS4 from launch so not needed.

Love my PS3 still have huge backlog thanks to hotukdeals X) not to mention my PS4 collection...

I don't mind getting a Slim brand new for a reasonable price as I really want to go back to the dark souls series so can rack up 200+ hours easily
kester76

The 60GB launch model is a good model with extra USB sockets so it's … The 60GB launch model is a good model with extra USB sockets so it's worth keeping. I don't know anyone off hand but I would say with youtube guide you could do this yourself. I'd strip, clean the PS3 with canned air. Clean the old gunk off with arctic cleaner and replace with MX-4. Also swap the fan for another 19 blade one.

Will look into it I'd prefer to sort it
Just get the super slim PS3 model. The fan is very quiet and whilst the build quality is a bit cheap they work fine. You can just put a USB memory stick in the 12gb model to keep the price down. The power efficiency is also really good too.
Edited by: "Decoded" 1st Apr 2017
Still have my ps3....love it!....just don't feel the need to upgrade to a ps4 yet....especially because I can't play my old ps3 disks on it....
tempt

http://www.thegameswarehouse.co.uk/store/products/sony-playstation-3-160gb-slim-console-2/

Never heard of this company??

Sent them an email to ask if it is new or used.... lets see
searchersearcher

Never heard of this company??Sent them an email to ask if it is new or … Never heard of this company??Sent them an email to ask if it is new or used.... lets see

Did a quick search and according to the companies house it was dissolved in 2014. The latest reviews in Truspilot are also from 2014.
Looks like they are still trading....

Email back from them:

Good afternoon,

The console and game are preowned, however the headphones are brand new.

Thank you

The Games Warehouse

thegameswarehouse.co.uk
cashpaid4games.co.uk

Still on the hunt...

Thinking of Refurbing my launch model, anyone recommend any decent places in north London?
Not new according to online but this listing is only £50 from Grainger Games. As you can trade with them you may be able bring the price down further.

graingergames.co.uk/con…xed

Also this is £69.99 preowned graingergames.co.uk/con…xed

They do occasionally have new in store. bit hit and miss though as they don't list everything on their website so worth investigating a local one if you can.
Edited by: "evosquest" 2nd Apr 2017
Maybe worth a phone call you don't see grainger game stores in London
where about i just see 39.99
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions