Groups

Can anyone help me with hooking up a hd monitor to my satellite receiver?

Banned
    ebuyer.com/pro…817

The link above is the monitor I am going to buy. The link below is the satellite receiver.

worldofsat.co.uk/tec…tml

It has a scart socket, component sockets and d-sub 9 pin.
    The monitor has a 15 pin d-sub (I think converter cable one end 9 pin the other 15 pin, it's only a few quid). Do monitors have a female or male d-sub connection on the back of it?

Also would this set up actually work?

4 Comments

You can hook a monitor up to the 9-pin DSUB if you like, but since the two ports carry completely different information, you won't get much of a picture out of it. That 9 pin Dsub is a serial port for modifying the device's firmware, not as an output for video.

Original Poster Banned

So If I buy a cable 9 pin one end and the other end a 15 pin, picture and sound will go through it and appear, because it would be different refresh rates. I'm not too fussed on the picture quality as It won't be used as a tv much, just occasionally.

Or would it be better to buy a monitor and a tv as one........that would work right?

Buy a tv monitor all in one and you won't have a problem. You can get a TV cared and connect via that..Good Luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions