Groups

can anyone help me with my laptop

my laptop screen is very dull, i dont know how to get it bright again not sure what iv pressed, the only time it will go bright is when its plugged in. anyone know what iv done

9 Comments

try fn and the up arrow

Sure it's a combination like that.

oh, and it will be brighter when plugged in as it's running off ac power, rather than battery.

it goes dim due to your power saving settings, so easier to keep plugged in or go to control panel then power options and change it in there

What is you OS? If it's windows 7 click on the power icon in the bottom right corner and there is a screen brightness option in there.

If not, on your keyboard hold down "fn" and look along the top "f" keys. On mine you can use these to increase brightness

Doesn't sound like anything to worry about, you've just got your power saving set too low.

One of the icons in the bottom right of your screen should say something like "power options" if you leave your cursor over it.
    Open it up & have a fiddle with the screen brightness settings.

It sounds like the power setting is set to save power when on battery by dimming the screen, you should be able to manually up the brightness by press the function key (fn) usually on the bottom left handside of the keyboard and then usually f10 or f11 this should increase the brightness, the fn key needs to be kept down whilst pressing the f10 or f11 key.

hope this helps

Original Poster

ChipSticks;7931432

try fn and the up arrowSure it's a combination like that.oh, and it will … try fn and the up arrowSure it's a combination like that.oh, and it will be brighter when plugged in as it's running off ac power, rather than battery.

which is fn? i know but it was never this dull when left unplugged, its like its in standby

Banned

the FN is usually bottom left and has blue lettering

Original Poster

wickedteen;7931436

it goes dim due to your power saving settings, so easier to keep plugged … it goes dim due to your power saving settings, so easier to keep plugged in or go to control panel then power options and change it in there

thanks managed to change it on control panel:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks guys all sorted now and managed to find the fn key:-D have some rep:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions