Groups

can anyone help me with my ps3 6ogb it worked fine then just stopped i think its ylod but am not sure

feedback left for the most helpful

13 Comments

Original Poster

thread reserved

Any lights?
    Any noises?
    Heat/ lack of heat?
    Powers on?
    Freezes?

Original Poster

electriclinux;7919371

Any lights?Any noises?Heat/ lack of heat?Powers on?Freezes?

i turn on and it wont come on it turns from red light to yellow then back to red i cant even get the disc out

Try unplugging it, then using a hoover on low power hoover the ps3 to get rid of any dust then try turning it back on. (looks like it might of died though)

SuperEd

Lefty;7919475

Sounds like classic … Sounds like classic ylodhttp://www.ylod.net/what-is-yellow-lights-of-death.html

+1

its ylod of death i'm afraid.

this could be a number of things though, as the yellow light is a universal indicator of a hardware fault. could be hardrive, power failure or something to do with the motherboard.

get in contact with where you bought it from quoting the sales of goods act. took me two months (and 1.5 repairs) and i've finally got a £200 voucher off game.co.uk for instore use. havent used it yet mind...

Original Poster

emhaslam;7919649

its ylod of death i'm afraid.this could be a number of things though, as … its ylod of death i'm afraid.this could be a number of things though, as the yellow light is a universal indicator of a hardware fault. could be hardrive, power failure or something to do with the motherboard.get in contact with where you bought it from quoting the sales of goods act. took me two months (and 1.5 repairs) and i've finally got a £200 voucher off game.co.uk for instore use. havent used it yet mind...

i got it from ebay

stuntman9883;7919676

i got it from ebay

in which case the best thing you can do is to fix it yourself

youtube.com/wat…-GU

get all your unprotected saves off it, then trade it in ASAP!

My friend dropped his ps3 (2 years in) and got it repaired by sony. Some people here even offer to argue with sony on the phone on your behalf if you don't like confrontation yourself
    Or get good advice and argue yourself.

Original Poster

is it still covered by sony though if i bought through ebay and dont have proof of purchase

stuntman9883;7920501

is it still covered by sony though if i bought through ebay and dont have … is it still covered by sony though if i bought through ebay and dont have proof of purchase

It was never covered by Sony.
    They do it as a goodwill gesture.

Dependant on the serial number also, they may not charge you to repair it. Person you bought it of off ebay may have taken out an extended warranty?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay512
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1326
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1015
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764333

See more discussions