Groups

can anyone help me with samsung galaxy i9000 s

hiya bought my daughter this phone from play but when she puts her sim card from her old phone into it, it says unlock sim pin as this is old sim card is there anywhere we can find this for free as we don't have original packaging for the sim

15 Comments

is it not a default security setting? try 0000 or something, but if it's a pin lock it might get barred after 3 attempts then you need a pac code i think.. gl!

What network is she on?

saayinla

What network is she on?

i'm sure the phones unlocked if it's from play

saayinla

What network is she on?

If its the Sim Pin we'll need to know the network its on... Even though the phone is unlocked, you will need the sim code to have full access to the sim card. Best thing is to enter it wrong 3 times, till its blocked - then contact your network provider to give you the PUK code to reset the pin (not sure if it can be reset otherwise).

Have you tryed Samsung Default eight zeros

spitroast

Original Poster

its on vodaphone and tried 0000 no luck

Original Poster

00000000 no good either thanks anyway

Surely this is just the sim pin number that she obviously set up on the old phone?

Did you try the eight zeros? anyhow the phone is locked you sure the phone is on Vodaphone

spitroast

Original Poster

we getting incoming calls ok but to use the full menu you need to unblock sim pin i tried 8 zeros no good.

redboro

we getting incoming calls ok but to use the full menu you need to unblock … we getting incoming calls ok but to use the full menu you need to unblock sim pin i tried 8 zeros no good.

Try a hardrest that will cure it but be WARNED you will loose all numbers not saved to sim and pics etc

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    2. Hold the Volume Down button
    3. Press and release the Power button
    4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    6. Press and release the Power button
    7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

spitroast

Original Poster

ill try that thank spit

Original Poster

no good im gonna get intouch with play asap let them sort it i dont think there unblocked as stated as we tried a orange card and it works

This is simple.

On whatever your old phone was, your daughter placed a sim 'lock' on it.

You need that code! Play.com can do NOTHING - this is effectively 'your' fault.

Easiest thing to do is head into a vodafone store and they'll be able to sort you out

Original Poster

i spoke to vadafone today they say its not a sim block what you put on your phone but its a network sim block which is which means the vodafone sim has been blocked by whoever supplied the phone eg orange/tmobile ect so the phone is still blocked and not unblocked as stated
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SCS add ons... are they worth it??59
      2. Feels weird!22
      3. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK23
      4. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V22

See more discussions