Groups

Can anyone help me with Xbox Live??

I'm hoping someone can help me!!! My son is trying to play against people on xbox live, when he tries to it says ''this session is no longer available''. He's been able to play before.

Your help would be greatfully received.

6 Comments

Just try resetting your router!

Original Poster

Justice_Ste

Just try resetting your router!

ok, thanks

If it keeps happening. log into your modem /' router ...search your model number in google to see how. then enable DHCP apply and enable UPNP and apply save. set xbox under network settings to AUTO for IP and DNS.

Or buy a modem / router known to be good for xbox live that achieves NAT status OPEN

..Rebooting normally fixes it but buggy firmware in modem/router or using another xbox 360 in same house can cause it. If you need 2 in house search again for modem/routers known to allow 2 or more 360's with an OPEN status for NAT..

see here unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 9th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Thank you soo much for the info, will look into it. Thanks again

dontasciime

If it keeps happening. log into your modem /' router ...search your model … If it keeps happening. log into your modem /' router ...search your model number in google to see how. then enable DHCP apply and enable UPNP and apply save. set xbox under network settings to AUTO for IP and DNS.Or buy a modem / router known to be good for xbox live that achieves NAT status OPEN..Rebooting normally fixes it but buggy firmware in modem/router or using another xbox 360 in same house can cause it. If you need 2 in house search again for modem/routers known to allow 2 or more 360's with an OPEN status for NAT..see herehttp://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/

If they are having NAT troubles, it would be worth looking at port forwarding. Select your router and follow the instructions to open the ports.

DragonChris

If they are having NAT troubles, it would be worth looking at port … If they are having NAT troubles, it would be worth looking at port forwarding. Select your router and follow the instructions to open the ports.

which is why I told them to enable dhcp and upnp easiest option ...and maybe look at a known working solution to xbox live as well as pointing them toward a site with enough info to show them port forwarding was an option if the upnp implementation in their modem/router did not work.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 9th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1629
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764473
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1415
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27107

See more discussions