Groups

can anyone help ??? new ipod touch has been dropped on the floor and screen all cracked

hi there ,
    my younger sister has dropped her new i pod touch on the floof and cracked all the screen .
    can the screen be replaced ?
    if so where ? apple shop or mobile phone shop ?
    can anyone give me some info cheers guys

7 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Can do it yourself cheaply buying the parts off ebay, otherwise it's … Can do it yourself cheaply buying the parts off ebay, otherwise it's going to be pretty expensive.

dont fancy doing it my self !!!!!
    do you think it will be around £40 to £50

easy to do yourself, get the complete screen unit off ebay (including plastic back) comes with all tools needed usually, lots of guides to follow on youtube

Apple will probably charge a lot more than that
    And unless it's a very reliable shop they'll use cheap parts and won't do the best job

apple will charge upwards of £60 to replace screen, it is really simple to do.... what generation is it?

Original Poster

bikerjodie

apple will charge upwards of £60 to replace screen, it is really simple … apple will charge upwards of £60 to replace screen, it is really simple to do.... what generation is it?

4 gen , it looks simple on you tube

Its harder than you think tried it with my 1st gen... Don't know weather its easier now thou?

Sell it with the cracked screen and buy a new one,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7161348
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2252
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047123
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1217

See more discussions