Groups

Can anyone help? (Windows vista screen)

Banned
    well i recently installed vista on my laptop, and everything went fine, except for 1 thing. i dont have a full screen. there are 2 black bars going down the side of the screen. everything else is ok, just these black bars down the side. i have tried changing the resolution and all it does it make the picture bigger/smaller... anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

P,S i would show a screenshot, but when i take 1 the black bars arent there. it just captures everything but that lol

9 Comments

Is your laptop screen widescreen? If so try selecting a widescreen image for backgrfound.

maybe the video card in your laptop, isn't supported by vista?

Original Poster Banned

ctuk;3131129

no idea, it came with vista on it so im guessing it will?

Original Poster Banned

shauneco;3131112

Is your laptop screen widescreen? If so try selecting a widescreen image … Is your laptop screen widescreen? If so try selecting a widescreen image for backgrfound.

and how do you do this?lol

ctuk;3131129

Thats a thought, might need to go to their website for vista driver,
    Have you done an update from Microsoft, choose custom updates as some updates for hardware are not automatic. then you can sellect the ones you need.
    Last thought is the background set on tile or something ?

it's nothing to do with the wallpaper, that would show up on a screenshot

DangerGod;3131166

and how do you do this?lol

Right Click on desktop > Personalize > Desktop Background > Select a widescreen image and click ok

Don't think it'll work but worth a try, More likely graphics driver

have you tried all of the screen resolutions that are available, you'll need a widescreen one, 800x600/1024x768/1280x1024 etc will all be for "square" screens

Original Poster Banned

yup tried them all!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC1522
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?22
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal55
      4. Baby seat hiring car abroad68

See more discussions