Groups

Can anyone help with de-branding a mobile phone ?

I have an N95 that I've listed for sale, but so far no takers, so am seriously considering having it debranded and unlocked and giving it to my bro in USA.

Does anyone know where I could get this done and roughly how much ?

I am open to doing it myself if it's relatively straightforward via a download.

Any help appreciated.

5 Comments

put in N95 UNLOCKING + FREE DEBRANDING o a well known auction site and there s a post in service for £17 - so use thsi as a guide.

maybe a local shop / market trader can also do it - it can certainly be done and this should be a guide price

EliTom

Original Poster

Thanks EliTom. Have some rep :thumbsup:

What network is the phone on?

I only ask because a quick google search brought up pages claiming it impossible to unlock yourself without actual physical "chipping".

Phone your network and for a fee they will do it for you. I think to unbrand you need to flash it with generic firmware. This is all just googled not from personal knowledge.

kyalion;1770752

Thanks EliTom. Have some rep :thumbsup:

the company advertising on the bay is mobyrepirs. they are also on here as well.

I have used them in the past

also see here

[url]www.mobyrepairs.com[/url]

EliTom

the forum at expansys would be the best place for this kind of info. there is even a member that has his own store and provides a very reliable service, kingmobiles, search him out there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions