Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone help with electric screwdrivers please?

I want to buy a friend of mine one for Christmas, she is NOT a DIY freak but would like one for her jobs she does, I need a middle of the range one, not the ultra cheap kind that you regret when you buy it, but not a madly expensive one either.

Any recommendations out there?? ta everyone. :oops:

2 Comments

Banned

Try Screwfix/Makro unless U have access to trade suppliers like cpc.co.uk. Try to s]tay away from the tiddly screwdrivers - bosch/De Walt combi drills R good as the batteries will go on, and on and on...and on..where the DIY market ones tend to have battery failures quickly...
    U can try a cheap combi drill - lightweight preferably...oh, and get her to use it correctly - buy good(top quality bits) and when using it lean into the drill and keep it horizontal or vertical to the screw - not off angle - use all her weight if neccessary - it operates and drives soundly then. But keep well balanced. If you treat these like a 'Girlie' they will strip the screw and or bit. Good luck - remember U only gets what U pays 4.

Original Poster

wow eggman thank you, I am very impressed at your knowledge, ta loads.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162405
      2. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October921
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846290
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106

See more discussions