Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone help with installing additional memory into Laptop?

As above really.... I have bought a 1GB memory to upgrade laptop, inserted it as instructed no problem, however now the screen wont come on at all, there is power to it thou... I have even put back in the original memory and still wont work.

Anyone got any deas before BL94 finds out !!!!

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

Banned

is the screen totally blank? or is there a error message?

try taking the memory out and re-seating it and pushing it in "fairly hard". laptop memory takes a bit of a shove.

Original Poster

ROKO;3271595

is the screen totally blank? or is there a error message?

Just completly blank screen:x

united002;3271644

try taking the memory out and re-seating it and pushing it in "fairly … try taking the memory out and re-seating it and pushing it in "fairly hard". laptop memory takes a bit of a shove.

Have put it in right cos heard it click into place:?

did you ware an antistatic band when you were fitting it? you may have inadvertently fried something.

Original Poster

No I didnt :?

Banned

how many slots are there? normally 2

try installing in other slot- looks like u have damaged the slot= damaged motherboard= only use for laptop as a paper weight
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963020
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764548
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523450
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233736

See more discussions