Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone help with my Microsoft Office Starter 2010?

When I tried to use it it keeps reverting to a newer version which won't give me any features unless I upgrade. Have been googling and tried un-installing it and re-installing but now all I get is "click 2 run configuration failure". Anyone know what I can do or any other programme I can use thats safe. I only use it for the odd letter and the kids homework. Any help appreciated, thanks.

11 Comments

libreoffice.org/ is pretty damn good, similar enough to the MS Office suite not to be too hard to get used to, and completely free.

The answer to your problem seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling as described in the thread below;

answers.microsoft.com/en-…e12

Off topic but OpenOffice is pretty good as well.

Original Poster

cannon1707

The answer to your problem seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling as … The answer to your problem seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling as described in the thread below;http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010se-word/microsoft-office-2010-starter-click-to-run/f48964d2-b9e8-494e-b305-4074a660fe12

Thanks for everyones time so far, as I said I've already done an uninstall/reinstall and thats how I'm getting the error message. I'll have a go at one of these others.

Useful answers!

Original Poster

cannon1707

Create a new user and try loading office, then go back to your own … Create a new user and try loading office, then go back to your own account?;http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/click-2-run-configuration-failure/2ce975a9-90e9-4919-89d2-da64440e1423

Tried this too! No joy Thanks tho

First copy any files you need to a USB stick or DVD drive, then reformat the c: drive and leave the office disk in the cd drive. Once the reformat is finished the office disc should start automatically. You will have to look up full instructions or see if there is a recovery method for the machine you are using without reformatting. Often uninstalling/reinstalling programs creates loads of problems and causes problems to run programs. A clean recovery would clear out any problems. Look up the model number on the internet and sure you will find instructions.

kester76

Off topic but OpenOffice is pretty good as well.

OpenOffice is good, but LibreOffice has more active development and therefore more updates. That was my factor in choosing it over OpenOffice.

Evy

OpenOffice is good, but LibreOffice has more active development and … OpenOffice is good, but LibreOffice has more active development and therefore more updates. That was my factor in choosing it over OpenOffice.

Cool, I'll give that a go next time, thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions