Can anyone help with this monitor power supply

Found 22nd Dec 2017
Hi everyone,

i need to locate a power supply for a monitor. It’s a Dell S2316H.

I cant seem to figure out was power supply I need for it. Does anyone know? It says 12v on the back of monitor but I’m struggling to actually find something on amazon that’ll do the job and the last thing I want to do is blow the monitor up

Thanks in advance!!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Original Poster

32874724-PT7eb.jpg

Ive just found this online. It’s states 12v 3.3amp.

Am I right in saying that this will do the job. Please correct me if I’m wrong!!

amazon.co.uk/Sig…h=1

201511 m ago

[Image] Ive just found this online. It’s states 12v 3.3amp. Am I right in s …[Image] Ive just found this online. It’s states 12v 3.3amp. Am I right in saying that this will do the job. Please correct me if I’m wrong!!https://www.amazon.co.uk/Signcomplex-90-240V-Switching-Transformers-Certification/dp/B074HW7J64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513940230&sr=8-1&keywords=12v%2B4a%2Bpower%2Bsupply&th=1

That would do it power wise but what about the jack on the end, what does that look like

Original Poster

32875069-XULS0.jpg

It looks the sams to me

That spec sheet names a delta and lite-on model.

bryanhaines3991 m ago

That spec sheet names a delta and lite-on model.

It’s similar spec anyway the input doesn’t matter it’s standard

You need to check the polarity and barrel sizes just to be sure.

This is the one Link

it lists the connector as
  • Connector: 5.5mm*2.1mm
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 22nd Dec 2017

Dannyrobbo9 m ago

It’s similar spec anyway the input doesn’t matter it’s standard

I just thought it would be easier getting one that's listed on the spec sheet than risking one that may not have the correct jack plug on it.

bryanhaines3993 m ago

I just thought it would be easier getting one that's listed on the spec …I just thought it would be easier getting one that's listed on the spec sheet than risking one that may not have the correct jack plug on it.

The one I have linked to is the one that’s for your model. Input parameters have no real bearing it’s going into mains supply for the uk but they are all switching now anyway. Output you just need the correct voltage and a current that’s rated the same or higher than the spec sheet. Then the barrel jack dimensions need to be correct (polarity too, it’ll be positive and it’s marked up that way on the transformer I sent

Dannyrobbo8 m ago

The one I have linked to is the one that’s for your model. Input p …The one I have linked to is the one that’s for your model. Input parameters have no real bearing it’s going into mains supply for the uk but they are all switching now anyway. Output you just need the correct voltage and a current that’s rated the same or higher than the spec sheet. Then the barrel jack dimensions need to be correct (polarity too, it’ll be positive and it’s marked up that way on the transformer I sent

That's great, so we both provided a solution for the op

bryanhaines3992 m ago

That's great, so we both provided a solution for the op

Totally confused myself that you were the op! Yeah we did

Original Poster

Thanks so much guys!

learnt a little today
Post a comment
@
    Text