Can anyone help with Virgin Media V+ Pricing.

In my household we have 1 V+ box and another regular virgin box.
We currently have the largest package i believe on the television and on the L broadband.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have an extra V+ Box installed in a bedroom?

All I know is you can have 3 boxes in each household, but was wondering does anyone know the costing.

I would phone up virgin, but I hate getting put on hold and talking to people who sometimes don't have a clue, like me in this situation.

Cheers and rep will be given to people with good responses.

12 Comments

How long have you been with them for?

Original Poster

cw9652;7465900

How long have you been with them for?

since they were telewest

EvillAssassin;7465925

since they were telewest

OK - I don't know if this helps, but I will tell you what I did earlier tonight with Sky.

I've been with them for 3 years. A friend showed me his Sky HD + set up last week, and I felt I needed it. I phoned, and was quoted £109 to get it installed. The guy on the phone put me through to the sales team who deal with customers thinking of switching (for me, possibly to Virgin).

I explained I had the full range (movies/sport/phone/internet) and they said they would do it for £15 for me. I didn't push the fact I wanted to leave, but they know it's better to keep a customer by offering extras for a min price.

It's being installed on Tuesday

an extra V+ box is £150 + £35 installation then £10 month.

i have XL BB
XL TV
XL Phone (24/7 free calls)
2 x reg boxes for kids rooms
line rental
£40 month all in

Original Poster

cw9652;7465978

OK - I don't know if this helps, but I will tell you what I did earlier … OK - I don't know if this helps, but I will tell you what I did earlier tonight with Sky.I've been with them for 3 years. A friend showed me his Sky HD + set up last week, and I felt I needed it. I phoned, and was quoted £109 to get it installed. The guy on the phone put me through to the sales team who deal with customers thinking of switching (for me, possibly to Virgin).I explained I had the full range (movies/sport/phone/internet) and they said they would do it for £15 for me. I didn't push the fact I wanted to leave, but they know it's better to keep a customer by offering extras for a min price.It's being installed on Tuesday

Mmmm, might have to see if can strike um a deal with being a long lasting customer... been with um for well over 4-5

Original Poster

wend;7465982

an extra V+ box is £150 + £35 installation then £10 month.i have XL BBXL … an extra V+ box is £150 + £35 installation then £10 month.i have XL BBXL TVXL Phone (24/7 free calls)2 x reg boxes for kids roomsline rental£40 month all in

mmm, thanks for the pricing

how much do you pay now?

i've been with them since youngest was born..almost 16 years..where nynex then...lol

EvillAssassin;7466005

Mmmm, might have to see if can strike um a deal with being a long lasting … Mmmm, might have to see if can strike um a deal with being a long lasting customer... been with um for well over 4-5

Well worth a try. As I say, I didn't have to push anything. If you have been with them longer than I have with Sky, and you pay for the full range, I think it is worth a try. ;-)

EvillAssassin;7466014

mmm, thanks for the pricing

something for you go by, tell them sky offered you great deal etc etc, tey will be sure to drop you down:thumbsup:

They have an option on the phone line "If you're thinking of leaving us press x" which gets you straight through to retentions dept. Then say you want to leave, they'll ask you why, say it costs too much and then they'll say they can reduce the cost. Whatever they offer you just say "I don't know, it still is a bit too much" and see what they say. Don't worry though - they're not going to say "OK, WE'VE CUT YOU OFF, BYE"

Original Poster

wend;7466020

how much do you pay now?i've been with them since youngest was … how much do you pay now?i've been with them since youngest was born..almost 16 years..where nynex then...lol

I don't actually know, i believe its nearing £50 i think, I'm finding out on behalf of my family.
Will find out tomorrow.

cw9652;7466028

Well worth a try. As I say, I didn't have to push anything. If you have … Well worth a try. As I say, I didn't have to push anything. If you have been with them longer than I have with Sky, and you pay for the full range, I think it is worth a try. ;-)

Yea hopefully it will work out like that.

Jonsend;7466096

They have an option on the phone line "If you're thinking of leaving us … They have an option on the phone line "If you're thinking of leaving us press x" which gets you straight through to retentions dept. Then say you want to leave, they'll ask you why, say it costs too much and then they'll say they can reduce the cost. Whatever they offer you just say "I don't know, it still is a bit too much" and see what they say. Don't worry though - they're not going to say "OK, WE'VE CUT YOU OFF, BYE"

Haha, been tempted to do this for a while

Original Poster

wend;7466020

how much do you pay now?i've been with them since youngest was … how much do you pay now?i've been with them since youngest was born..almost 16 years..where nynex then...lol

Just found out that we're paying nearing £90 for the services we have. And we have lesser services then you.

Gone to phone up quoting what your paying to see if can reduce costs
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains33
    2. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp22
    3. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer66
    4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car1818

See more discussions