Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone please advise if you can whiten grout around tiles?

Hi all,
    Our kitchen tiles were done about 6 years ago, they are quite small so lots of grout.
    They look quite grubby now and I also want to reprint the kitchen to freshen it up, so was wondering if there's a way to re-whiten them or what I can do to make them look better.

Thanks in advance

20 Comments

Try something like this:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/8882/Brilliant-Tile-Grout-Whitener

You can get similar ones in Wickes, B&Q etc too.

I use this stuff, which I'm sure is mostly bleach, but it works extremely well for me:

HG Mould Spray

This works pretty well

http://www.screwfix.com/p/ronseal-one-coat-grout-pen-white-15ml/32628

B&q and homebase also sell them but much dearer roughly double the price

Original Poster

Thanks for the speedy reply guys - the Lakeland one doesn't have great reviews and I don't have a store near me to collect from so I am going to leave that one.

I am going to try the one from B&Q, they also have a grout cleaner so am not sure which one to go for now - am also gonna give the limescale remover a go on my taps and that

Depending how that goes on the grout, I will then buy the one from Amazon if it still needs it which seems to be more like a paint than a cleaner

Original Poster

traceym

This works pretty … This works pretty wellhttp://www.screwfix.com/p/ronseal-one-coat-grout-pen-white-15ml/32628B&q and homebase also sell them but much dearer roughly double the price

Thanks Tracey, i have a screw fix round the corner, I assume this is also like a paint? So I will try the cleaner format and see how it goes - I don't have mould or anything the grout just isn't as white any more

My tip would be in future not to use white grout as it discolours the most.

Original Poster

sreddar

My tip would be in future not to use white grout as it discolours the … My tip would be in future not to use white grout as it discolours the most.

Yeah that's true but it does look the nicest - whilst it's white

Just try "ASTONISH MOULD SPRAY" From B&M or any local store for a pound (750 ml).

Banned

I have mould around my bath.

Any ideas unless I rip the thing off

Banned

rmjowen

I use this stuff, which I'm sure is mostly bleach, but it works extremely … I use this stuff, which I'm sure is mostly bleach, but it works extremely well for me:HG Mould Spray

This sounds great.
    Might be useful for my bedroom corner

Be careful with mold spray I used it to remove some mold on painted wallpaper and ended up taking paint off.

Milton sterilising fluid is good, I used that on grout and around the bath.

Depends on your commitment and costing

If it was me I'd spend the time removing all the existing grout and replacing it

Yes some whiteners/bleach products will do a quick job fairly well but will not last as long as doing the job correctly

sreddar

My tip would be in future not to use white grout as it discolours the … My tip would be in future not to use white grout as it discolours the most.

balsingh458

Try something like … Try something like this:http://www.lakeland.co.uk/8882/Brilliant-Tile-Grout-WhitenerYou can get similar ones in Wickes, B&Q etc too.

A temporary fix used a few times looks good at first

Try lemon juice and bicarb of soda. Works a treat on cleaning grout. Test a small patch first.

philphil61

Depends on your commitment and costingIf it was me I'd spend the time … Depends on your commitment and costingIf it was me I'd spend the time removing all the existing grout and replacing it y

I would second this myself.

detol mould spray . not sure if this bleachy stuff damages grout or not mind.

cillit bang mould remover. shifted nasty black crap on the grout in my shower

AeroVinoth

Just try "ASTONISH MOULD SPRAY" From B&M or any local store for a pound … Just try "ASTONISH MOULD SPRAY" From B&M or any local store for a pound (750 ml).

I agree or similar.product , use with a hard toothbrush , leave for while then rinse . Or just thick bleach .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It was forty years ago today......516
      2. word survey46
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?22
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767301

See more discussions