Can anyone please recommend a tripod for a video camera?

9 replies
Found 17th Jun 2009
Any good deals about please.
Need a tripod for my dv tape camcorder.
REP left for any good deals
Many thanks

9 Comments

depends what its for, I used one similar to the posted above and I find it a bit "sticky" when moving the camera I want to ease it into position rather than abrubt movements if that makes sense.

All depends what you're using it for.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5515696

depends what its for, I used one similar to the posted above and I find … depends what its for, I used one similar to the posted above and I find it a bit "sticky" when moving the camera I want to ease it into position rather than abrubt movements if that makes sense.All depends what you're using it for.

Home movies :thumbsup:

Original Poster

phatboy123;5515666

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-0997.aspx

Thanks, Rep left

I agree with MinstrelMan, also with stuff like this you generally get what you pay for.

but for amateur movie making it should do the trick

If you want something non-full size then try [url]www.7day[/url] shop.com. But these are probably best for desk mounted stop motion as opposed to ar5e mounted full on motion

I recommend three.

Can't give you any specific models or anything like that, but I definitely recommend getting a full-size tripod (preferably one that can be extended pretty high, like 150cm or higher, and that has a hook for attaching weights at the base of the central shaft), a mini-tripod (they normally extend around 50cm or thereabouts, and are handy, because they can be packed in a bag and carried anywhere), and a table-top tripod. Table-top tripods cost about £5, fit inside your pocket, and are great if you can use another object, like a wall, a bin, or a table, or whatever,

Anything made by Manfrotto, with a suitable video head for smooth action.

DKLS;5517201

Anything made by Manfrotto, with a suitable video head for smooth action.

+1 or anything made by SLIK. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Printer help please.45
    2. Flowers for anniversary11
    3. Netflix gift cards - best deal for annual sub11
    4. Best renewal with sky after last offer33

See more discussions