Groups

Can anyone reccomend a reliable UK chilli pepper website?

Banned
    Preferably one that sells either the naga viper pepper or the Bhut jolokia. Not after the sauce just the actual pepper.

14 Comments

The Naga is the Pepper Don, don't know any sites but you could always try your local Asian shop, some sell it already planted for a few quid, or you could buy the packs.

Dunno if these people can help. Or maybe try Fox's spices.

if your near bristol go to masala bazaar in easton or any of the asian shops, thats where my mum gets them lol

or even ask a local asian! every asian attempts to grow a naga successfully!

Edited by: "Boom123" 25th May 2011

You could asking in this thread as well DG, it's about growing but they may know!

Or grow your own!!
    T&M sell this

Thinking on. These peppers are so dangerous that I doubt that anywhere is allowed to sell the actual pepper.
    Thinking on more .... you know that they are really dangerous don't you?

There's a place in Dorset that has a chilli festival.
    I'll google it.
    Great Dorset Chilli festival in August
    They have a list of participants, suppliers etc.

Edited by: "chesso" 25th May 2011

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the responses. Ideally I would like to purchase a packet full already grown as I would be useless at trying it myself. I have looked around most websites but not having much luck! I will definitely call round to a few asain shops tomorrow, not bothered which they have as both sound extremely hot.

Thanks Kingy seems they have the green jolokia, the red one is OOS

Original Poster Banned

No nowhere near me lol.

Thanks for that chesso. I've just contacted the south Devon chilli farm as I am not far from there, they have them listed on the website but currently out of stock so hopefully they will be back soon.

Yes I know these things are dangerous, just want to try a little in a curry

DangerGod

just want to try a little in a curry

You'll be needing some of this too, then!

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-3/toilet-paper-stack.jpg

There's a site selling dried ones? Is it just to make a curry? Won't dried do?

steenbergs.co.uk/pro…hot

Original Poster Banned

deek72

There's a site selling dried ones? Is it just to make a curry? Won't … There's a site selling dried ones? Is it just to make a curry? Won't dried do? http://www.steenbergs.co.uk/product/935/naga-jolokia-chilli-whole-very-hot

Ah deek,exactly what I was after!

I tried to grow some of the Bhuts (Dorest naga?) this year... mega fail. Didn't even sprout

Original Poster Banned

Lol unlucky. I wouldn't be much good either. To late to plant chills again now isn't it?

Im growing Bhut Jolokia and Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, also the Dorset Naga, there doing great already, planted seed mid feb so i will hopefully get ripe pods before season ends

Original Poster Banned

Sweet. What do you do with yours? Have you tried the jolokia before? Hot? Lol

This will be my 1st year growing chillis from seed, all i know is, its recommended you wear goggles,mask and food gloves when preparing it im growing about 30 varietys this year.
    Edited by: "Daytrader" 25th May 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416144
      2. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34
      3. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831227
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160

See more discussions