Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth receiver to use with Amazon Echo Dot?

6 replies
Found 10th Jan
Hi all. I got an Amazon Echo Dot for Christmas and I am looking for a Bluetooth receiver to connect it to my main stereo and/or my home theatre amp. I have read various stories about asking the Echo to disconnect from the Bluetooth device, only for the auto connect feature to then reconnect and bypass the Echo's in-build speaker. Does anyone have any experience and recommendations please?

6 Comments

Banned

My echo connects and disconnects from my bluetooth speakers when i tell it to. i have a bluetooth receiver/transmitter but havent used it with echo dot as my speakers have bt built in

I found I got a better sound using an aux cable.

On Amazon :

Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Music Streaming Sound System, Esinkin Wireless Audio Receiver Works with Smart Phones and Tablets, Bluetooth Receiver for Speakers

£19.99.

works a treat.

Original Poster

g1bbuk

I found I got a better sound using an aux cable.

​The only issue I have with running an aux cable is the distance between where the echo is and where the stereo is. If the Bluetooth solution doesn't work for me I could try and move the 2 closer together and run a cable.

Original Poster

HasnainMajeed

My echo connects and disconnects from my bluetooth speakers when i tell … My echo connects and disconnects from my bluetooth speakers when i tell it to. i have a bluetooth receiver/transmitter but havent used it with echo dot as my speakers have bt built in

​Thanks. I wonder if Amazon have issued a fix now and it was just an earlier issue.

Original Poster

hottoast

On Amazon :Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Music Streaming Sound System, … On Amazon :Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Music Streaming Sound System, Esinkin Wireless Audio Receiver Works with Smart Phones and Tablets, Bluetooth Receiver for Speakers£19.99.works a treat.

​Thank you, I will have a look.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56
    2. Hope of a cure for asthma58
    3. hotukdeals features in current edition of computer active magazine612
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247595

See more discussions