Groups

Can anyone recommend a decent desktop for editing youtube videos £400?

Looking for a Desktop for 14year old, for making/editing youtube videos and also use for light gaming (overwatch & Gmod) - even if that might mean adding to it later.
    Preferably intel.
    Budget: £450.
    Already have a 1080 monitor.
    Would consider a laptop instead if anything suitable.
    Thanks very much for any help!

6 Comments

Pick up an i3-6100 machine in a standard tower case for sub-£300 and add memory, power supply, SSD and graphics card as desired.

Picked up an intel i7 with 8gb ram. Lenovo laptop at John Lewis today for £449 with 3 year warranty. Has a full HD screen and dedicated nvidia 940 graphics card with 2gb on board. 2gb hard drive, DVD drive and USB 3.

Original Poster

Thank you!
    I saw the JL one this morning thanks and did think about buying it then, but then I keep thinking a desktop (if I can find one), would be the better buy as he can add to/replace bits as he needs to?

I've been looking around, wondered if this be suitable: overclockers.co.uk/ocu…tml

Or this: ebay.co.uk/itm…rue

Thanks

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Pick up an i3-6100 machine in a standard tower case for sub-£300 and add … Pick up an i3-6100 machine in a standard tower case for sub-£300 and add memory, power supply, SSD and graphics card as desired.

Thanks, I like this idea. But I don't feel confident enough to put something together myself

whtnot

Thanks, I like this idea. But I don't feel confident enough to put … Thanks, I like this idea. But I don't feel confident enough to put something together myself

If you're just adding memory, hard drive and graphics card they simply slot in. Power supply is a few wires but also easy, instructions are included. It'd be a fun little project to do with your kiddo!

I would suggest picking up a i5 desktop with decent ram and hdd space. Then grab a GTX 1050 or RX470 and possibly a new PSU. That should take you to around £370, then pick up windows 10 which you can get for just under £15 at the moment.

Something like this would probably do for the PC
    ebay.co.uk/itm…551?hash=item3d2b43cc47:g:heAAAOSwgZ1Xvat6 - £200
    hotukdeals.com/dea…643 -£150
    hotukdeals.com/dea…665 - £45

hotukdeals.com/dea…926 - £12.38

Total ~£410
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      2. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56