Can anyone recommend a decent projector for a teenager to use for his xbox please?

Posted 9th Jan
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Budget? How far away is the wall (or will he be wanting a projector screen too?) and what image size you looking to achieve? Will it need to be permanently ceiling mounted, or setup on a tripod? If its an X are you wanting 4k res, or is he happy with 1080 (or lower if on a sub £300 budget), is the room going to be dark - blackout curtains. For sound do you need bluetooth for headphones?

For reference, before I bought mine I looked at all the benefits and drawbacks. For my situation, an ultra shortthrow worked best for me even though much better spec projectors could be had for the same money. Mine is setup in the conservatory which has no blinds so great in winter with short days, but unusable before 9.00pm in the summer
Edited by: "MrKrabs" 9th Jan
How much you wanting to spend? I've got a Optoma 1080p and looks great playing games, model is an older one hd26
Some of the Vankyo ones (regularly on offer) look pretty good. They do a full 1080 HD one often for £150.
Sorry guys, budget is around 200. I'd say it will be on the ceiling or at the back of the room. He only plays xbox so as long as picture is half decent. He prefers 1080p go 4k for some reason
I have a benq 1070 I think, Very recommend for budget one, older model
billiamgray8209/01/2020 09:57

Sorry guys, budget is around 200. I'd say it will be on the ceiling or at …Sorry guys, budget is around 200. I'd say it will be on the ceiling or at the back of the room. He only plays xbox so as long as picture is half decent. He prefers 1080p go 4k for some reason

Youll struggle to get anything decent for £200. Most are 480 resolution. Maybe look at second hand on eBay?
Bought a RD-806A projector from eBay for £40 brand new but think they start at £50 currently. It’s sold under various brand names & has a 720P native resolution, 2700 lumens, twin HDMI & usb inputs. Very impressed at the quality for the price but you do have to take some of the sellers product descriptions (4K, Android, bluetooth etc) with a pinch of salt. There are some reviews on YouTube & Amazon (in other countries) etc.

The sound from in the inbuilt speaker is laughable though.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 9th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions