Groups

Can anyone recommend a dehumidifier please?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good dehumidifier for a medium sized bedroom please? I've had a look around and everything just seems so confusing as all of them have so many different options and features. I'd preferably like one that doesn't use a lot of electric and costs less than £100 if that's possible.

Thanks in advance

11 Comments

or the 12L option HERE

You may be struggling to get for your budget, but dessicant ones are almost silent - the older compressor based ones (like mine) are effective and cheap, but noisy - I certainly can't sleep in a room with ours.

Bought this 3 years ago and had one problem just outside of warranty which they fixed and is still going strong.

Excellent and amazing product. Still Can't believe how much water it collects.

amazon.co.uk/Eco…air

I have had this one for a year now and I'm really pleased with it. It's over your budget though but have a look anyway. It has a setting for when hanging washing up indoors and it dries my clothes much quicker. It's a lot quieter than my parents delonghi dem10. It's also a good size for my bedroom as it doesn't take up a lot of room but removes a lot of water. My only slight negative is that it blows out warm air (my parents doesn't) so if using in the warmer months which I didn't really need to it can get too warm in the room. Remember dehumidifiers can sometimes dry out the air too much which can cause sinus/respiratory problems but this has humidity levels you can select and it will cut out once that level is reached (probably the same with most dehumidiers?) amazon.co.uk/Eco…ier

Original Poster

FrootLoop

or the 12L option HERE

That is one of the ones that I have been looking at but it is out of my budget sadly Thanks for the suggestion

Original Poster

gsnares

Bought this 3 years ago and had one problem just outside of warranty … Bought this 3 years ago and had one problem just outside of warranty which they fixed and is still going strong.Excellent and amazing product. Still Can't believe how much water it collects.https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DD122-Simple-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B00474K8SY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482071750&sr=8-1&keywords=ecoair

Thanks for that It does seem like a good option but still a bit over my budget. Have you had to change the filter on it yet or is it still using the filter that it originally came with?
    Edited by: "storm_queen" 19th Dec 2016

Original Poster

MiniMissyMoo

I have had this one for a year now and I'm really pleased with it. It's … I have had this one for a year now and I'm really pleased with it. It's over your budget though but have a look anyway. It has a setting for when hanging washing up indoors and it dries my clothes much quicker. It's a lot quieter than my parents delonghi dem10. It's also a good size for my bedroom as it doesn't take up a lot of room but removes a lot of water. My only slight negative is that it blows out warm air (my parents doesn't) so if using in the warmer months which I didn't really need to it can get too warm in the room. Remember dehumidifiers can sometimes dry out the air too much which can cause sinus/respiratory problems but this has humidity levels you can select and it will cut out once that level is reached (probably the same with most dehumidiers?) https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DD122-Simple-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B00474K8SY/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen-appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1482076324&sr=1-1&keywords=ecoair+dehumidifier

I wouldn't need to use it in the warmer months either as it's like a sauna in there during that time. I like that it blows out warm air as it'll help to heat it up in the colder months. I might just go for this if there doesn't seem to be any other cheaper options. Thanks for the help

storm_queen

Thanks for that It does seem like a good option but still a bit over … Thanks for that It does seem like a good option but still a bit over my budget. Have you had to change the filter on it yet or is it still using the filter that it originally came with?

Still using the same filter. Just need to make sure you hoover it regularly and place back in. I know its slightly over your budget but its worth it.

storm_queen

I wouldn't need to use it in the warmer months either as it's like a … I wouldn't need to use it in the warmer months either as it's like a sauna in there during that time. I like that it blows out warm air as it'll help to heat it up in the colder months. I might just go for this if there doesn't seem to be any other cheaper options. Thanks for the help

Sorry, I've just seen your reply. Your welcome

You're I mean X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. plusnet mobile terrible34
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?26
      3. Recommend a free reminder app1314
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??11

See more discussions