Groups

can anyone recommend a free antivirus software

my AVG paid subscription has 4 days left and to be honest its rubbish as my pc has slowed down like nobodys business
    I hear Avast is good can anyone advise please?

18 Comments

Microsoft Security Essentials. 'Tis the one to go for these days.

AVAST is the way bud,Been using it for a couple of Years now & uses less memory than those other Hogs.

filehippo.com/dow…us/

Just Remember to UnTick what you don't need AKA Spam.

If your Computer is running Sloooooooooow then also use CCleaner & do a Scan.
    filehippo.com/dow…er/
    Edited by: "WheresMeNuts" 27th Dec 2010

Yep Avast is good, been using it for a year or two with no problems yet.

Try Avast i use it and have had no problems. wavast.com

I am a fan of microsoft security essentials - seems to not slow down the machine at all and I have had no problems with it.

supermod

Avast Free edition here as well - been using for about a year and it doesn't seem to hog system or take ages to load up. Picks up stuff and seems to work well

AberdeenDad

I am a fan of microsoft security essentials - seems to not slow down the … I am a fan of microsoft security essentials - seems to not slow down the machine at all and I have had no problems with it.

+1

Original Poster

Might try this M.S.E. thing and report back
    Thanks all

WheresMeNuts

AVAST is the way bud,Been using it for a couple of Years now & uses less … AVAST is the way bud,Been using it for a couple of Years now & uses less memory than those other Hogs.http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/Just Remember to UnTick what you don't need AKA Spam.

just downloaded this link but its only a 30 day free trail. ????????????????????

yozzman1234

just downloaded this link but its only a 30 day free trail. … just downloaded this link but its only a 30 day free trail. ????????????????????

No it's Not.If you register with them by only given your email Address they unlock it for 1 full Year.They never send you any emails if you UnTick the box as I stated in 1st post.
    I've used this on Family & workmates netbooks,laptops & PC's & everyone has been very happy with it.I've been using it for years now & it's great.

WheresMeNuts

No it's Not.If you register with them by only given your email Address … No it's Not.If you register with them by only given your email Address they unlock it for 1 full Year.They never send you any emails if you UnTick the box as I stated in 1st post.I've used this on Family & workmates netbooks,laptops & PC's & everyone has been very happy with it.I've been using it for years now & it's great.

cheers all done , just waiting for the free key to be e mailed to me

JBAUERBEATSJBOND

Might try this M.S.E. thing and report back Thanks all

You will be very happy with it, no messing around sending off emails and waiting for keys.

No need to wait for any Keys ? lol

Original Poster

Mse seams to be working fine avg slowed my of down something rotten during virus scans,thanks akk

Banned

inb4 some nutter mentions avg free oO

MSET ftw

Personally I like the MSE one, I find Avast can be a pain after a year or so usage. And even though you can turn it off the Virus Database has been updated message is bloody annoying, it seems to slow the machine up while it is doing all that, MSE is the way forward IMO.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …269922
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831735
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2657
      4. word association Game72844189

See more discussions