Groups

Can anyone recommend a good bright cheap torch?

Can anyone recommend a good bright cheap torch? Not looking to spend a lot just something I can use when out walking etc.

17 Comments

I've got 2 of these and they are amazing. amazon

Banned

browneyone

​that looks nice

Free one on your phone? Just a thought

LeahMinttoutou

Free one on your phone? Just a thought

That's an led, not a torch

nbgrobbo

What difference does that make?

Original Poster

browneyone

​thanks just ordered one to be with me tomorrow.

LeahMinttoutou

its like comparing a bike and a bus.

nbgrobbo

Oh lol.. it was just a suggestion anyway incase OP had not thought of that

nbgrobbo

LeahMinttoutou

The "torch" the OP has just bought is an led "torch" though.
    Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 27th Feb

LeahMinttoutou

Oh lol.. it was just a suggestion anyway incase OP had not thought of that

It was a handy reminder...I always forget that there's a torch thingy on my phone so thank you!

Feit 1000lumen from Costco. About £15 fantastic torch. Failing that a lenser p7.2 about £25-30 from amazon.

I got a ledlenser for about £26 when they were on offer recently. nice torch, bright, just a shame I'm mega-urban with limited use for it. has near perfect feedback on ebay and on the thread here before I purchased.

depends how dark it is, how much light you need.
    there are smaller, less powerful torches (still decent enough, far better than phones) called 'cree' on ebay (this is technically a bulb company in the states i think). SO MANY auctions start at 1p and can easily be had (for the committed bidder) for less than £1.20 eventually. there are many different styles, my preferred one is this ebay.co.uk/itm…674
    stick a few bids in, I've since got one for the car, bedside, bag, kids etc, quite a few of my auctions ended under £1. useful for rummaging around in the boot when you're at an angle to the streetlight, or in one of those funny parts of the world where streetlights are absent.

there are also head lamps. similar thing, lots of 1p ebay auctions. they do look a bit nerdier, but are practical, and hey, nerds are cool now

nwressell

​thanks just ordered one to be with me tomorrow.

​I have one of them for work, amazing little things..

nbgrobbo

Torches are now focused around LED technology, your statement makes no sense. It is a torch, albeit a very rubbish one

This one would be ideal . I've recently bought another cree LED torch from an ebayer but I see he put the price up to £18.99 each whereas I bought 2 for £25 . There shipped from China but they did'nt take long .
    Nice little torches that easy fit your pocket .
    Your text here

If you have a Sams 99p store, look out for the zoom in zoom out torch item no 9837
    Don't confuse these with the ever popular 9 LED ones, this contains a seriously powerful single disc LED that massively outperforms the 9 standard round top LEDs, and the zoom works pretty well too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky22
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1721
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?44
      4. Xiaomi phones33

See more discussions