Can anyone recommend a good compact digital camera that takes good video?

16 replies
Found 25th Oct 2010
Can anyone recommend a good compact digital camera that takes good video?

Bought a HDD camcorder last year and its decided to stop working so instead of getting it repaired i'd prefer to just upgrade my digital camera with one that also takes good video.

Around the £150-£200 area please.

PS I know its not going to be mega amazing for this price but seeing how you can get decent 12MP cameras now for well under £100 there must be some that also do good video footage.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks

16 Comments

lumix tz7 or above.

Another vote for TZ7 excellent for what it does.

Original Poster

Thanks for the pointers, its much appreciated i'll give them a look

tz8 doesn't shoot hd i think. tz7,9,10 do though

Banned

Pentax Optio H90

£78.99 at comet and takes great HD 720p video

Banned

comet.co.uk/sho…90/?cm_mmc=google-_-ppcpm-_-Digital%20Cameras-_-622150&_$ja=kw:optio+h90|cgn:Digital+cameras||Pentax||Pentax+optio+h90||622150|cgid:1715117286|tsid:12089|cn:PPCPM||Products||Cameras+%26+camcorders|cid:41028726|lid:16449352981|mt:Broad|nw:search|crid:6215324466

Bought a HDD camcorder last year and its decided to stop working so … Bought a HDD camcorder last year and its decided to stop working so instead of getting it repaired i'd prefer to just upgrade my digital camera with one that also takes good video.

Is it out of warranty then ??
I would have thought something like that should last for more than a year ??
You might want to check your warranty and your consumer rights ?

hottoshop

Is it out of warranty then ??I would have thought something like that … Is it out of warranty then ??I would have thought something like that should last for more than a year ??You might want to check your warranty and your consumer rights ?

sometimes a man needs a good reason for that new gadget

shanecr

Point taken

Original Poster

shanecr

Was a refurb from Ebay, still cost me £210 though!

Live and learn.

Just wished i'd gone down this route to start with, then i don't have to carry multiple items.

Like the price of the pentax but it doesn't have optical zoom or the looks of the TZ7.

So out of the TZ's which is the best one............ the TZ7 even though its an older model?

Original Poster

zurich

tz8 doesn't shoot hd i think. tz7,9,10 do though

Just found this:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

So it does shoot HD and at the moment for spending over £100 you get a £20 voucher, is this a better deal than going for a TZ7? Don't mind paying extra just want the best camera with the best Video as well???? oO

Personally I'd have a real good look at the Fuji S2500HD for your needs.
Comprehensive review HERE.

Amazon have this camera for £126 delivered but are temp. o/o/s.

Original Poster

hottoshop

Personally I'd have a real good look at theFuji S2500HD for your … Personally I'd have a real good look at theFuji S2500HD for your needs.Comprehensive reviewHERE.Amazon have this camera for £126 delivered but are temp. o/o/s.

Thanks but its too big for me i just want a compact point and shoot.

Thanks for the info though

Banned

if you just want photo's then the tz8 is fine, if you want video too i would go for the tz7 or 10

dpreview.com/new…asp

Original Poster

colinsunderland

if you just want photo's then the tz8 is fine, if you want video too i … if you just want photo's then the tz8 is fine, if you want video too i would go for the tz7 or 10http://www.dpreview.com/news/1001/10012604panazs5.asp

Which one is best out of the TZ7 and TZ10?

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions