Can anyone recommend a good company to buy flat roof lights from?

Found 21st Feb
Morning! We are building an extension and want 2 flat roof lights. Non opening purely because the ones that open are astronomical. It will be a flat roof and we don't want anything fancy like roof lanterns etc. Can anyone recommend a good but reasonably priced company for buying decent ones? Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
It sounds like you have rejected Velux? I suspect you will regret cheaper ones unless you are doing the property up to sell
Original Poster
ccnp5 m ago

It sounds like you have rejected Velux? I suspect you will regret cheaper …It sounds like you have rejected Velux? I suspect you will regret cheaper ones unless you are doing the property up to sell

Ive not rejected them but looking for cheaper alternatives that are still good. I don't want leaking ones!
Is there a reason you aren't having a pitched roof? Costs are very similar for both if done properly.
themorgatron10 h, 26 m ago

Is there a reason you aren't having a pitched roof? Costs are very similar …Is there a reason you aren't having a pitched roof? Costs are very similar for both if done properly.

That was my first thought, why build an extension with a flat roof?

Costs will more than likely be higher over time with constant re-sealing..

Anyhow, to attempt to answer the OP's question, how about Velux (or similar) Sun Tunnel?

velux.co.uk/pro…oof
Edited by: "andynicol" 21st Feb
Original Poster
We are not having a flat roof as we currently have a awful lean to built in the 70s that is falling down. We have had so many issues trying to get to the back of the house via this lean to so have decided a flat roof will make life easier. We had a ball stuck in the guttering when we moved in 8 years ago and this wreaked havoc on the internal walls which all needed stripping back to brick. The house had stood empty for a year before we moved in. So for cleaning guttering, painting, window maintenance, CCTV cameras etc we are having a flat roof. We are a terrace and getting scaffold up would be very tricky.
We got 2 big rooflights top quality frame, i will try and find out the company later for you

I wouldnt waste your time with 'self cleaning' glass but i would recommend the blue tint glass to avoid getting too hot.

but shop around and ask for spec, UV values, frame material etc. There is quite alot to consider
Sandy101210 h, 36 m ago

We got 2 big rooflights top quality frame, i will try and find out the …We got 2 big rooflights top quality frame, i will try and find out the company later for youI wouldnt waste your time with 'self cleaning' glass but i would recommend the blue tint glass to avoid getting too hot.but shop around and ask for spec, UV values, frame material etc. There is quite alot to consider

I would also be interested, starting project next year
Original Poster
Sandy101222 h, 39 m ago

We got 2 big rooflights top quality frame, i will try and find out the …We got 2 big rooflights top quality frame, i will try and find out the company later for youI wouldnt waste your time with 'self cleaning' glass but i would recommend the blue tint glass to avoid getting too hot.but shop around and ask for spec, UV values, frame material etc. There is quite alot to consider

That would be great, thanks!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants