Groups

Can anyone recommend a good company / tradesman to mount a LCD TV on a wall in the London area?

Many thanks in advance!

13 Comments

do you have the mounts already?

Banned

Go to [url]www.mybuilder.com[/url]

Original Poster

I havent bought the mounts just yet but have already narrowed them down to a few so just a question of finding a reputable company / tradesman to mount the TV on the wall

Thanks DLM

Banned

Why not do it yourself? Its not very difficult and you'll save yourself £100-£150.

yeh its easy to mount.

Dagenham Dave

Banned

dcx_badass;2193494

Seriously whats it coming to when people can't even do simple DIY tasks.

Come on! its not simple. You do have to drill 4 holes in a wall lol :w00t:;-)

csiman;2193524

Come on! its not simple. You do have to drill 4 holes in a wall lol … Come on! its not simple. You do have to drill 4 holes in a wall lol :w00t:;-)

tbh thought some people are back handed with tools, and some people might not even have the tools
    so surely if OP doesnt have a drill and doesnt want their nice new shiny LCD broken on the floor after their bodged attempt then its up to them if they want to pay for a service.

Original Poster

csiman - several reasons incl not having the time & peace of mind of knowing that final result is insured in case something happens

dcx - it may seem to be a simple DIY task to you but my time may be better spent elsewhere. Saving £100-150 for a few hours work may end up being a false economy if I can make £1000 doing something else. Silly comments deserve silly responses ....

Original Poster

ty numptyj

Banned

Forsaken;2193545

csiman - several reasons incl not having the time & peace of mind of … csiman - several reasons incl not having the time & peace of mind of knowing that final result is insured in case something happens dcx - it may seem to be a simple DIY task to you but my time may be better spent elsewhere. Saving £100-150 for a few hours work may end up being a false economy if I can make £1000 doing something else. Silly comments deserve silly responses ....

1. It wont be insured whoever does the work.

2. Its about 10 minutes work

3. Each to their own so check out [url]www.vetted.com[/url]

Forsaken;2193554

ty numptyj

no probs i know if i had my shiny 40 inch Sony Lcd on the wall id want it secure! luckily mine looks good on cabinet :-D

Original Poster

1. masteravservices.co.uk/pla…on/ 2 yr post installation insurance so it appears that your statement isnt accurate in all circumstances

2. Possibly but Ive heard horror stories incl someone who managed to bring their wall down + scrap their TV within 2 days of putting it up. I guess it depends on the type of wall and extent of work required. Putting cables through brickwork requires a channel which Im sure will take more than 10 mins

3. Appreciate the helpful link
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming34
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?22
      3. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…56
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1429

See more discussions