Can anyone recommend a good padlock for luggage? Thanks

Padlock

8 Comments

Banned

Not being funny but why bother. Just put a couple of decent straps around it.

Airport staff can open pretty much any lock. Or they just target the zip & open it that way & you would never know the difference.

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 22nd Aug 2016

cable ties at least you will know if its been opened

Banned

flickflack

cable ties at least you will know if its been opened

No you wont

youtube.com/wat…vFg

Wouldn't worry about locks as security opens the suitcase if they want. Just don't put valuables in suitcases.

Airport staff will cut open any padlock if they need access to your luggage, likewise if you are unlucky to have your luggage stolen, a thief will get past any padlock so if your question re a 'good' padlock means a strong secure one, then IMO that is pointless.

If you want piece of mind, cheap luggage padlocks are only £2 or so each, quick google throws up this set of 4 @ Argos for £4.99 seen here

or, you could opt for TSA approved padlocks, these can be opened by security staff, £4.99 for pack 2 seen on above link.

Asda,Tesco etc also do small luggage padlocks.

it's like when you see tents with a padlock on the door,it's loke putting a sign on saying something of value inside, a Sharp knife would open in seconds

Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice. It's not for the travelling so much as locking it in when in the hotel room. It won't have valuables in it but last time someone (the maid?) kept rummaging through my bag and I hate that.

YippeeYiYo

Thanks for all the advice. It's not for the travelling so much as locking … Thanks for all the advice. It's not for the travelling so much as locking it in when in the hotel room. It won't have valuables in it but last time someone (the maid?) kept rummaging through my bag and I hate that.

In that case, get a small combination lock. Plenty from robert dyas.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions