Groups

Can anyone recommend a good simple mobile phone for older person to send text messages?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can make any recommendations. My dad wants a new mobile. He currently uses a Nokia 3330, which is years old. He only needs to be able to send text messages and make calls.

Things that are needed :

When sending a message it must be able to tell you how many letters are left before the message becomes 2 messages (double cost) - MOST IMPORTANT, he's very fussy about being able to do this. He's tried a few other phones but rejected them as they don't do this, & unfortunately no phone description mentions whether they do this or not.

Must be able to turn off predictive text

It needs to be simple to use without an overload of functions

Must work on orange

Must have a screen which is easy to read things

Colour screen

Guessing a Nokia would be best as there would be more similarities to his old phone?

Thanks for any help!

5 Comments

Simply Sagem VS1 is supposed to be good for the older generation. these can be unlocked to work on orange.
    mobilegazette.com/sag…htm

Original Poster

bluetigermobiles;3749257

Simply Sagem VS1 is supposed to be good for the older generation. these … Simply Sagem VS1 is supposed to be good for the older generation. these can be unlocked to work on orange.http://www.mobilegazette.com/sagem-vs1-vs2.htm

Thanks for that, I'll have a look into those.

My mom's got a Nokia 6300 - she likes the size of the screen - can read it without putting her specs on.

Original Poster

Deek43;3749694

My mom's got a Nokia 6300 - she likes the size of the screen - can read … My mom's got a Nokia 6300 - she likes the size of the screen - can read it without putting her specs on.

Thankyou, but looks a bit too expensive, at £70ish. Hoping to find something closer to £20-£40.

Nokia 6230, there are some ok deals on it around the £20 mark and it gets good reviews for a basic handset, buying one for my grandad for xmas
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      2. word association Game73844456
      3. Royal Mil track and trace45
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477

See more discussions