Can anyone recommend a good soundbar speaker system or other speaker set-up alternative for under or around £100?

Found 12th Nov 2011
- Are soundbar speakers a good way to go for my LCD TV/Xbox/PS3/Freesat HD set up?
- Can I get a decent soundbar system for under or around £100?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I wish I wasn't such an audio tech noob!
Community Updates
MiscSpeakerSoundbar
9 Comments
What do you think to this ?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/tibo/pp100/tibo-pp100

Sits under the TV stand thinking of getting one myself
deanos

What do you think to this … What do you think to this ?http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/tibo/pp100/tibo-pp100Sits under the TV stand thinking of getting one myself

Looks good for the price, like the idea of it being a stand too. Only reservation I have is that it's not surround sound? Dya think that matters much?

Oh and thanks for the recommendation
I bought this one 6 weeks ago. Not the greatest of brands but for sub £100 I'm very happy with it:
m.richersounds.com/pro…250
I'd always be unsure of how much audio improvement can be gained from these budget soundbars. I'd always recommend doing it properly, if you're on a budget save up a bit longer and for £250 you can get an onkyo amp and 5.1 speakers at richer sounds which will be infinitely better.
forest2002

I'd always be unsure of how much audio improvement can be gained from … I'd always be unsure of how much audio improvement can be gained from these budget soundbars. I'd always recommend doing it properly, if you're on a budget save up a bit longer and for £250 you can get an onkyo amp and 5.1 speakers at richer sounds which will be infinitely better.

Depends on what space you have, i have limited space and no room for a big amp and speaker cable everywhere
Rhys - how is the bass on it? Is the lack of surround sound an issue?

Forest - How do these amplifiers work? So I buy an amplifier which plugs into the TV and then attach some speakers to the amp? Do they need to be Onkyo speakers?
as I said im inpressed by both the bass and treble on it.

Its not the same as a 5.1 decent unit, but then it didnt cost anywhere as much either.

for what I wante its perfect.
deanos

Depends on what space you have, i have limited space and no room for a … Depends on what space you have, i have limited space and no room for a big amp and speaker cable everywhere

I take your point, although i think most people put there tv's in the corner of a room in which they can hid a sub behind and speaker cable can also be hidden under carpet/wooden floor beading. I am short of space in my living room so wall mounted the speakers and plastered the speaker cable in the wall, although I completely understand that this isn't possible for most.

Gr1zz1y89

Rhys - how is the bass on it? Is the lack of surround sound an … Rhys - how is the bass on it? Is the lack of surround sound an issue?Forest - How do these amplifiers work? So I buy an amplifier which plugs into the TV and then attach some speakers to the amp? Do they need to be Onkyo speakers?

You are correct, your devices such as freeview/sky box, ps3, Xbox, DVD, bluray player etc all plug into your av receiver (amp). The amp then sends the audio out to the speakers and video signal to the tv.

You don't have to have onkyo speakers you can pretty much mix and match any amp with speakers, although some amps suit different speakers based on the sound they create and visa versa. I was just giving you the example of the onkyo as its a good entry level setup. If you buy the amp and speakers separately you'd be looking at spending more money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions