Groups
    EXPIRED

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Wireless Router

Anyone reccommend a good Wireless Router?

Ive seen some for £17.

Im using a USB modem at the moment, but its unreliable. Ill need a dongle too as my pcs ancient and has no wireless.

Thanks

6 Comments

I have got a "Netgear 150 " from pc world, delivered about £40, got the dongle from Amazon about £15

Any netgear.

Avoid Belikin like THE PLAGUE!!!!

I would find it difficult to recommend without knowing what you want to do with it or what you use your intended network for.

If you need to do a lot of file transfers between PCs on your network, or send HD video then I would get a multi-channel wireless N router. Otherwise a wireless G router should suffice unless range is also a concern.

With any router check that it supports the features that you need/want with regards to security, QoS or something else.

For your PC I assume you would want a NIC card rather than a USB dongle. Again make sure the features of the NIC marry to the features of the router.

In terms of general recommendations, I have had very good experiences with the TP-Link brand. I have found them to be good value for money, and reliable. However, you will find a gazillion people arguing for AND against any number of brands. I can only say what I have used and liked.
    Edited by: "Chocka" 19th Dec 2010

I got a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti from ebuyer a while ago for £20 and I'm very pleased with it.
    :¬}

A lot of broadband companies will give you a free one when you sign up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Music download79
      2. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1416
      4. Can I do anything with an old router ??44

See more discussions