Groups

Can anyone recommend a hot deal on a blu ray/HDDVD player or a 360 HD-DVD drive

Can anyone recommend a hot deal on a blu ray/HDDVD player or a 360 HD-DVD drive?
    not sure whether to go with the £22.99 hd-dvd player on play.com
    or look for a cheap blu ray player around £100

thanks,

6 Comments

Q. Do you only plan to buy/watch movies that were made pre 2008?

If yes then get the HD-DVD.
    If no, get the blu-ray.

Original Poster

yes i do.
    is that a good deal for the drive on play.com?

Mr jim e bones;5889162

yes i do.is that a good deal for the drive on play.com?

Not really, as it's the bare drive only, and doesn't come with a remote or cables (and possibly the Xbox installation disc)

Original Poster

dont really need a remote, what cables do your need to buy? already have component/HDMI.
    surely it would say if it didnt come with the installation disk?

Mr jim e bones;5889359

dont really need a remote, what cables do your need to buy? already have … dont really need a remote, what cables do your need to buy? already have component/HDMI.surely it would say if it didnt come with the installation disk?

You need a USB cable to connect it it to your XBox, and a figure of eight power cable.

It says drive only, so don't think it will come with the disc tbh. I think you can download the software via your 360 though.

midlandscomics;5889697

You need a USB cable to connect it it to your XBox, and a figure of eight … You need a USB cable to connect it it to your XBox, and a figure of eight power cable.It says drive only, so don't think it will come with the disc tbh. I think you can download the software via your 360 though.

You need more than a kettle power cable for the player. It has its own adapter.
    And you can make your own installation disk if you need one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions