Can anyone recommend a pool heater?

Posted 4th Jun
We have bought a 12ft pool (steel framed) for my daughter's 16th birthday but would really like to heat it so that our 1 year old can use it too. Can anyone recommend a good pool heater. At this point I'm not too worried about the cost, I just need something that will work and is in stock!

Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Check the very recent thread on same issue from @matwalaboy
Gollywood04/06/2020 15:46

Thank you! I did do a search but I couldn't see anything
hotphoenix3004/06/2020 15:55

Thank you! I did do a search but I couldn't see anything

Aaah, the useless search facility!
Gollywood04/06/2020 15:46

No matter how much I search I can not find it! Any ideas?
How many litres is it ? I have a lazy spa st moritz which is 1200l and the heater can keep it at 40 degrees celcius, you could buy a used heater/filter from a lazy spa, normally many on ebay whos pool has burst, and mod it to attach to some hose that sit in your pool, however it is expensive to heat a lazy spar which is much better insulated so the pool will cost a fortune
We have a 10ft steel framed pool with an intex 2.2kw heater, and turning it on at about 8am means that by 2 - 3 pm it's gained around 5°c, i put it on every day and our pool generally is around 18 - 22 first thing in the morning, and by around 1pm noticeably warm about 25 - 26°c, during the recent hot spell it was 31, but you have to have it on every day, if you don't just for one day it takes two to get back to warm.

Obviously going for a 3kw heater would make a difference.

You have to keep an eye on your water quality, warm watef and plenty of sun is great for algae.

Oh and a pool cover, we just have a black bestway cover that only comes off when someone wants to use the pool.

The other thing i do is a layer of sand under the pool, and then the kids square sponge matts, makes the bottom soft and is a small amount of insulation.
Edited by: "bluetba" 4th Jun
Just sold my two year old heater for £220 on eBay , cost me £65 from very end of summer sale
Post a comment
@
    Text