Can anyone recommend a tasty garlic bread?

Posted 11th Jun
Hi. Can anyone recommend a tasty garlic bread please? That you can buy in the shops.
I used to love one of the garlic sticks that Lidl sold but I can’t seem to find it anymore.
Too many garlic breads are made with cheap bread and taste yucky. You cant usually see this through the packet/when they are uncooked/and don’t know what it’s like taste wise until it’s too late and you’re cooked/tasted it.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
41058978-8BRSp.jpgTesco deep filled garlic flatbread is very good and currently half price.
These from Tesco taste like dominos garlic pizza bread. Or coop extra strong garlic baguettes are nice if you like it more garlicky!
41059061-IiYFp.jpg
Garlic bread?
Ok thanks. Yes I’m tending to go with flatbread ones at the moment as these seem to be better tasting than some of the cheap garlic sticks available at present.
Edited by: "steve765" 11th Jun
mario99911/06/2020 17:41

[Image] Tesco deep filled garlic flatbread is very good and currently half …[Image] Tesco deep filled garlic flatbread is very good and currently half price.

Thanks. Shame I’ve only got a Tesco express local. Don’t think it sells that. I’ll have to double check.
Edited by: "steve765" 11th Jun
Jalapeño, cheese & garlic bread would be tasty I think.
Make your own. You’ll get a stronger taste then. Only need butter and garlic paste
Apparently the Aldi version taste like Dominos garlic bread
ndyanem11/06/2020 18:28

Make your own. You’ll get a stronger taste then. Only need butter and g …Make your own. You’ll get a stronger taste then. Only need butter and garlic paste

Err and bread

I agree.....

1 x garlic bulb approx 50p
1 x butter approx £1.50
1 x bread (I use a fresh baguette) approx £1

Melt half the block of butter in a cup
Finely chop 3 quarters of garlic
Finely slice rest of garlic
Add garlic to butter, stir and leave to rest

Slice up the baguette
Turn on the grill
Spoon over the butter and garlic mix onto bread
Stick under the grill until golden brown
Enjoy
Never go pack to cheap rubbish supermarket pap again

Ps add grated cheese to the melted butter and garlic if you want it cheesy garlic bread
Thanks all. Think I’ll try making my own.
I usually buy the garlic baguettes in tesco oven them for 5/6 minutes at 220. Then put them in the microwave to melt the butter inside. This makes the bread crispy but fluffy on the inside. Yum yum. I sometimes also slide cheese in the cuts and wrap in foil.
M&S stonebaked or the finger sticks
Aldi garlic pizzas are delicious
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 12th Jun
I dare someone to Tweet that question to Peter Kay
ChanceYourArm11/06/2020 17:46

These from Tesco taste like dominos garlic pizza bread. Or coop extra …These from Tesco taste like dominos garlic pizza bread. Or coop extra strong garlic baguettes are nice if you like it more garlicky! [Image]

Haven't tried those but the stuffed crust pizzas from that brand (rescued one from the RTC section on Sunday) was really nice, was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Recommended.

Tried the Chicken Pops (also reduced) last night, not usually my thing, but they were good too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants