Expired

Can anyone recommend a tumble dryer with long warranty?

Found 21st May 2014
Must be a condenser dryer with large capacity (8kg +)
Parts and labour warranty (got stung by Candy with just parts warranty!)

Thank yous x

14 Comments

We have a large zannussi after having 2 tumble dryers pack in. We sskef the currys repair guy what he never has to repair anfd he says zannussi. He never gets called out for zannussi. Also if you pay for electrical items with an rbs debit card you automatically get sn extra 2 years warrantly free so gives you 3 years. Or John Lewis often gives 5 year warranties but they can be expensive. Hope something helps.

Banned

Samsungs have 5 years parts and labour, but there after sales is shocking.

I find Beko is good.

Miele .... brilliant, well built, user-friendly - but you will need deeeep pockets (_;)

Original Poster

alano1963

We have a large zannussi after having 2 tumble dryers pack in. We sskef … We have a large zannussi after having 2 tumble dryers pack in. We sskef the currys repair guy what he never has to repair anfd he says zannussi. He never gets called out for zannussi. Also if you pay for electrical items with an rbs debit card you automatically get sn extra 2 years warrantly free so gives you 3 years. Or John Lewis often gives 5 year warranties but they can be expensive. Hope something helps.

Thanks for the advice. Would rather go for the warranty before a reputable name like zanussi as you always run the risk of getting an iffy one that plays up.
We have an RBS credit card but not a bank account with them so that won't help me unfortunately.
I did see the John Lewis warranty but I don't know how good they are with it, have you had experience with them?

Original Poster

damo1972

Samsungs have 5 years parts and labour, but there after sales is shocking.

Thanks will look them up, did you have a bad experience with them? I had a 2 year warranty on my fridge and found them really good when I had a very small problem with it, so don't know if they are as good with major problems.

Original Poster

EN1GMA

I find Beko is good.

Thanks for the recommendation but my Beko washing machine broke after 18/24 months and wasn't worth repairing as it old have cost about the same or more than a replacement machine
Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 30th May 2014

Original Poster

Splodger101

Miele .... brilliant, well built, user-friendly - but you will need … Miele .... brilliant, well built, user-friendly - but you will need deeeep pockets (_;)

Thanks but am not willing to pay Miele kind of money for a tumble dryer

Original Poster

I think I will order this AEG one which has 5 years parts and labour, £50 cash back and 2% quidco

I've had this Beko one for about 7 years so far without anything going wrong.

ao.com/pro…d=1

Banned

Mrs.Z

Thanks will look them up, did you have a bad experience with them? I had … Thanks will look them up, did you have a bad experience with them? I had a 2 year warranty on my fridge and found them really good when I had a very small problem with it, so don't know if they are as good with major problems.

yes they wrote off my 6 month old washing machine, and I had to wait two months for them to deliver a new one. Not good when you've got a baby. After replacement they never took the machine telling me to dispose of it, so as it was an £800 machine, I decided to see if an independent company could repair it. They came out and found a wire had come off of the motor. They fixed the fault in 5 minutes. Why could the product trained Samsung engineer not do this?

I bought a Beko condenser (can't remember how big but I think it's either 7 or 8kg), and the belt snapped just last week. Luckily the warranty expires in two weeks so the repair was free of charge. They used a local DOMEX company to replace the belt and pulley system. The unit was cheap and I think I paid around £230 for it, and when it works it's great!

Maybe it's worth taking an extended warranty if you buy one. I took an extended five year one when I bought my samsung washing machine about 7 years ago and had to call them out twice. The cost of both repairs cost around the same as the five year extended warranty so I saw no overall benefit. Had I called them put a third time then I suppose the extended warranty would have been worthwhile.

From what I hear AEG are a good reliable brand, albeit more expensive!

Regards,

JP

Original Poster

damo1972

yes they wrote off my 6 month old washing machine, and I had to wait two … yes they wrote off my 6 month old washing machine, and I had to wait two months for them to deliver a new one. Not good when you've got a baby. After replacement they never took the machine telling me to dispose of it, so as it was an £800 machine, I decided to see if an independent company could repair it. They came out and found a wire had come off of the motor. They fixed the fault in 5 minutes. Why could the product trained Samsung engineer not do this?

Oh wow expecting you to wait two months is atrocious, I was dying without one for two weeks!
Did you sell the other one then? Would see that as compensation!

Original Poster

I've ordered the AEG one now with free delivery tomorrow, cashback offer finishes today
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions