Groups

Can anyone recommend a way to make and receive cheap calls when on holiday to China?

Someone I know will be in China for a couple weeks and needs to be able to receive and make cheap calls to the UK, can anyone recommend a way for this to happen, even if you have to purchase the sim?

Many thanks everyone.

7 Comments

vodafone passport? 75p connection charge then takes the mins off your allocation?

Banned

All i can input is my friends Wife (From thailand) can call there for a connection charge of 10p then 1p for every additional minute. All i know is that the network is Talk Talk so maybe they can do something similar for china.

On an additional Note, She is absolutely gorgeous

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5563432

vodafone passport? 75p connection charge then takes the mins off your … vodafone passport? 75p connection charge then takes the mins off your allocation?

He's currently on Vodaphone but does that mean that it'll cost 75p for every call that he makes?
    Also, how much does it cost if someone calls him?

realfriendlyman;5563508

He's currently on Vodaphone but does that mean that it'll cost 75p for … He's currently on Vodaphone but does that mean that it'll cost 75p for every call that he makes?Also, how much does it cost if someone calls him?

yeah the 75p would be a connection charge so he would pay it everytime he made/recieved a call...I did in Greece anyways, I think its a pretty good deal if they plan on making longish calls...not really for a couple of minutes to say how the weather is...

telediscount.co.uk

They can do it for a penny a minute to both mobile and landline.

if you have an unlocked phone you can buy sims over there

got one when in hong kong for about a few quid and it gave me calls back to uk (via skype or some similar set-up) for around 1 to 2p per min

got it from a news agents

Original Poster

Thanks for the tips guys and girls, I've forwarded the info on but let me know if there's any better options worth taking too.

Rep to all. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions