Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone recommend an optician for re-lensing frames?

I have frames I want to put lenses in - can anyone suggest an optician and price they found to be good?

Thanks

7 Comments

Original Poster

Can anyone recommend an optician for re-lensing frames?

I have used Selectspecs twice and the service is very good and the prices are great also. If you have to contact them with any questions they are very quick with a reply. Hope this helps. I saved almost 200 quid on high street prices.

Vision express will do it too

any highstreet opticians will do it for you-id recommend going to a private local independant personally as they will prob give u the best price in the hope of repeat custom!

Although it was 18 months ago, so the price has probably gone up: I was in the waiting room at our local optician and overheard the receptionist telling a patient that they would fit lenses into any frame that you supply for £20.

It might be a good idea to ask and compare prices @ a few opticians on your local high street.

Original Poster

Thanks folks.

I thought I would get a pair for reading when the light is poor - as I am at that presbiopia age - and I found my dads old specs.

Unless you have an involved perscription and/or want something designer, lots of the poundland shops do reading glasses for £1 a pair.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. seller asked for IMEI98
      2. parquet floor sanded57
      3. Decent hoover66
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…22

See more discussions