Can anyone recommend any good Hotels in Milan, Italy, and nice places to see in Milan or nearby? Thank you very much :)

Found 4th Aug 2017
My sister will be going with a friend to Milan, Italy, next week for 4 nights.

Can anyone recommend any good hotels in Milan? Especially 4 star (and possibly 5 star) ones, as she'd like a nice place to stay..

Can anyone suggest any good places to see in Milan or nearby? My sis is already planning to go to Lake Como. Anywhere else nice?

On my sister's behalf, thanks very much in advance for any kind advice

(P.S. I wanted to post this in 'Ask' only, but this new-fangled website is insisting that I start a 'discussion'..)
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Milan is a fabulous place to visit, we were there last summer. We stayed at the Hilton and got a great rate in their sale. If you join their Hilton Honors you get a small discount. www3.hilton.com/en/…tml It is a short walk from the station and in a nice neighbourhood. Like most great cities, there is a brilliant public transport system and the trams are great for seeing the whole city above ground.

31622987-DMe2p.jpg

We did 3 days and visited Sforza Castle (above) - amazing wall around the old city, the Duomo is spectacular in the centre - there is a cam you can view to see the weather and see the Duomo although it is ten times more spectacular in the flesh! skylinewebcams.com/en/…tml

Just off the Duomo is Galleria Vittorio Emanuele which is stunning and a great place to sit and have a coffee watching the world go by oh and some fabulous shopping.

Tickets for The Last Supper are incredibly hard to get but there were a few available on the day if you get there early. turismo.milano.it/wps…ena

The food is amazing and if she drinks coffee it will be the best she's ever tasted. Let's not even talk about their ice-cream!

31622987-cbtWp.jpg
31622987-Dwhtw.jpgEven the police are stylish!
Edited by: "windym" 5th Aug 2017
I was in Milan recently ,took the train to Venice , 2 hour journey beautiful place.
windym and elainep - thank you both for your replies, sorry for the delay in replying as I saw your posts late - but not too late for my sister to be able to act on your kind advice !

windym - thank you so much for your very wonderful and fantastically comprehensive reply, complete with lovely photos, which clearly took some time and trouble to type .. words are not enough to thank you !
My sister was delighted, excited, thrilled - and extremely grateful - to read your encouraging words about Milan and the places you visited there last year .. and she fully intends to see all - or at the very least most - of those places you mentioned.
She would like to convey her huge gratitude for your lovely reply and will keep you updated about her travels!
We both think that your reply is one of the very best we have ever seen on any forum on the internet or elsewhere - thank you so very much and she'll tell you in mid-August just how many of your recommendations she managed to visit!
Over.The.Knee thank you for kind words. I am glad the post helped. Your sister really will have a wonderful time.

If she stays at the Hilton it's such a great location and if she takes the Executive room they have an amazing terrace on the roof which looks out across the city and you can just see the Alps in the distance. You get free access to the Lounge with the Executive Club room and with that comes free buffet breakfast, tea/coffee/soft drinks through the day and a daily happy hour (6pm-8pm) with canapés and alcoholic drinks.

31628963-s75dD.jpg
windym - brilliant! - thanks for another great reply!

My sister hasn't booked her hotel yet - she leaves for Milan on Wednesday 9th (and returns to London on Sunday 13th) - and the Hilton sounds fab! Just a case of comparing a few prices I think.

Will let you know where she books when she does so by Tuesday latest. Thanks again, we're running out of superlatives to describe your help, so here's just a few: excellent, magnificent, wonderful.. that's what you are!
windym, thanks for your recommendation for the Hilton, which my sister considered, but she has now booked the 5 Star Westin Palace hotel in/near central Milan. Seems nice from the photos on their website: The Westin Palace, Milan

She'll definitely keep you updated about her trip, thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions