Can anyone recommend cheap phone for a child?

17 replies
Found 18th Dec 2016
Want to get a cheap mobile phone to use for my 8 year old, dont want to spend £100+ on one as might brake or loose it, as a first phone.

Is this any good:

amazon.co.uk/THL…one

17 Comments

Just get them a s/hand iphone 4s for starters.

It depends what phones the rest of the family have. If you've all got iphones then marty's suggestion makes sense. If you haven't then the THL is probably one of the better £50 phones.

Original Poster

defo dont want an iphone , besides all the apps and games he uses on hes tablet are android.

I can honestly recommend the Huawei P8 Lite currently on offer at Vodafone (99p unlock codes available on ebay). I've had mine for 18 months now since launch day and have abused it far more than previous phones.

Original Poster

Samsung-s and got android tablets

Original Poster

GrantG182

I can honestly recommend the Huawei P8 Lite currently on offer at … I can honestly recommend the Huawei P8 Lite currently on offer at Vodafone (99p unlock codes available on ebay). I've had mine for 18 months now since launch day and have abused it far more than previous phones.

Looks nice but £80? Or can it be found cheaper?

IPhone 4s for a child. Simples.

I'm an Android user all my kids have had apple for there ease of use.

Original Poster

Yeah but still paying £50-60 for a years old used phone vs getting brand new is bit of a difference for me.

The kid is 8, this is the only phone he needs.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/417YMSTP13L.jpg

Original Poster

unquestioned

The kid is 8, this is the only phone he needs.

Even my 2 year old dont like that phone lol

WorldUK

Even my 2 year old dont like that phone lol

Because your two year old doesn't know what he's missing!
But I'm serious in that why a phone for an 8 year old? I understand a simple non smart one simply for being able to get a hold of them but why a smart phone?

So you want your kid mugged then

Btw I have a thc t6c
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 18th Dec 2016

This o2.co.uk/sho…k4/

Had it as a stop gap, brill phone for the price, also refurb for £29 but oos at the mo...

I recently purchased a Bluboo Xfire 2 as a backup handset from a UK seller on eBay for £45 (best offer - probably could have got it for £40). Looks like it has the same spec as the THC you linked. Haven't used it a great deal but it looks to be as nice as my main phone (Doogee X5 Pro) just with half the RAM and ROM. I'd even venture that it has a slightly nicer screen (both 720p). I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend it for the average mobile phone user, yet alone an 8-year old 8-) It even recharges from the Poundland 1200mAh powerbank (which my Doogee won't).

I used to be apple all the way but got fed up with them now prefer android, but for kids and non techies apple all the way for its user friendliness.

Just be aware that at the price you are paying internal memory is likely to be an issue.

Even with a micro sd card, you will likely be very restricted in the number of apps you can install.

As a phone it will be fine, but it will not be much use as a games phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread56
    2. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet44
    3. amazon prime question33
    4. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset47

See more discussions