Can anyone recommend decent kitchen knives?

Posted 18th Dec 2019
i'm looking for some that will last, maybe up to £100 budget? i'm restricted to amazon though (gift voucher).

thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Highly recommend global knives had mine for years they are amazing. You won't get a full set for 100 but one or two would be a good start
davzzp18/12/2019 23:22

Highly recommend global knives had mine for years they are amazing. You …Highly recommend global knives had mine for years they are amazing. You won't get a full set for 100 but one or two would be a good start

C’MON BORO!
davzzp:
Highly recommend global knives had mine for years they are amazing. You won't get a full set for 100 but one or two would be a good start

Thank you! & ouch!
This is the one Ramsey uses, you'll probably only use one knife from a set so I'd suggest just getting this one...

Henckels, Professional S, 20 cm/8 inch Chef's Knife smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/…PBS
davewave:
This is the one Ramsey uses, you'll probably only use one knife from a set so I'd suggest just getting this one...

Henckels, Professional S, 20 cm/8 inch Chef's Knife smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/…PBS

Thank you!
davzzp18/12/2019 23:22

Highly recommend global knives had mine for years they are amazing. You …Highly recommend global knives had mine for years they are amazing. You won't get a full set for 100 but one or two would be a good start

Global are good it’s what I use, but you can pay £100 just for 1 knife, never mind a set lol...

i did see a set of 5 in a block for £250 which I thought was good value...
Bargainhead:

Global are good it’s what I use, but you can pay £100 just for 1 knife, never mind a set lol...

i did see a set of 5 in a block for £250 which I thought was good value...

Maybe i'm being unreasonable hoping for a good set for £100 i still have my original knives from our 1st place 12 years ago...£40 at asda & they've been fab. I can't imagine the equivalent set is any good these days. They are only just giving up!
amazon.co.uk/Pro…NR7

Note, the bad reviews are because an older pic they had shown them in a block, which didn't come with the knives. Heard nothing but good reviews of the actual knives though.
A decent chefs knife and a decent paring knife is all you'll ever need.
Danze1984:
amazon.co.uk/Pro…NR7

Note, the bad reviews are because an older pic they had shown them in a block, which didn't come with the knives. Heard nothing but good reviews of the actual knives though.

Thank you!
Also maybe consider the Sabatier, they are ok for your budget.
MynameisM:
Also maybe consider the Sabatier, they are ok for your budget.

I've never heard of those. Thank you!
hubby got a block of knives from richardson sheffield and it says laser patent on the blade. all the blades have a strange serrated cut so they are really sharp. i put them in the dishwasher so they are also dishwasher safe.

he has had them for a long time and he claims that he bought them cheap but i think he is mistaken as they do not look cheap to me, unless he got them from the back of a lorry!

they are very good quality and when i searched for them on amazon and rishardson sheffield website itself, i see the laser knives but the serrated pattern on the blade look different to the ones we have. may be worth having a look at them.
mutley119/12/2019 14:26

hubby got a block of knives from richardson sheffield and it says laser …hubby got a block of knives from richardson sheffield and it says laser patent on the blade. all the blades have a strange serrated cut so they are really sharp. i put them in the dishwasher so they are also dishwasher safe.he has had them for a long time and he claims that he bought them cheap but i think he is mistaken as they do not look cheap to me, unless he got them from the back of a lorry!they are very good quality and when i searched for them on amazon and rishardson sheffield website itself, i see the laser knives but the serrated pattern on the blade look different to the ones we have. may be worth having a look at them.

They sound interesting! Thank you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions