Can anyone recommend free IT courses?

Posted 8th May
Hi,

While I'm stuck at home, I've been looking into IT courses, as I'm interested in pursuing some sort of IT career in the future.

I'm not sure where to start though, I've seen CompTIA A+ courses, but there's also Microsoft courses, and Cisco networking courses too.

Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Depends on what IT career you want to be honest. CompTia isn't free but it's gives you a broad range of learning and an industry recognised qualification.
MichyM08/05/2020 20:44

Depends on what IT career you want to be honest. CompTia isn't free but …Depends on what IT career you want to be honest. CompTia isn't free but it's gives you a broad range of learning and an industry recognised qualification.

Thanks, I'm happy to pay for any exams/certifications, but I was hoping I could find some free courses just to get an idea of what's involved without committing to anything.

In terms of my career, I'd probably like to work in an IT helpdesk type role.
The CompTia would be ideal for helpdesk roles but not everyone recognises or requires it. I'm sure there was a website with all modules you could look through. I'll try find a link, or someone might beat me to it.

Edit - found it

professormesser.com/fre…se/

The Microsoft courses would help but they're specific and might not help you.

Look for 1st line support roles, not all of them require experience, just an interest in it and customer service focussed.
Edited by: "MichyM" 8th May
The A+ is a good starting point. Go to Udemy and look up their courses. The mike meyers one is the best I think. Then you can go onto the security or network courses. They cost about £10 for the courses but the exams are about £150 each. I’d go for comptia courses before you go down the specific routes like Microsoft or Cisco as they give beginners a broader understanding. Then you can see what you like and go from there.
MichyM08/05/2020 22:02

https://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/220-1001/220-1000-training-course/

Thanks, that looks like a good starting point.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions