Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone recommend me a decent microphone for PC?

I require a microphone for Skype calls but I don't want a headset. If anyone knows of any good quality microphones please let me know.

Not really looking to spend more than £50 to be honest.

Thank you in advance.

8 Comments

How about getting a webcam with built in mike?

This is incredible for how much it costs: amazon.co.uk/Sam…+go

I can't believe the difference between this and my headset mic, along with that it is so small

bubblegum2910

How about getting a webcam with built in mike?

Unless spending quite alot on a good webcam, the mic would not be that good!
    Edited by: "joshp" 21st Jun 2014

Have a look at this for a lapel mic from Zalman. I think they are a very good gaming/ customising brand. Expensive but you get what you pay for. This is only £6.95 from amazon ( click right hand side for additional sellers) Zalman ZMMIC1 Lapel Microphone. Can't go wrong for a punt!

Original Poster

Thank you for the replies folks.

@bubblegum2910 - I've already got a pretty good webcam with a microphone but obviously with a separate microphone it would enable me to get clearer audio.

@joshp - That Samson Mic you recommended looks pretty good especially considering the price, I had a look and it seems to be really low at the minute as opposed to it's original price.

@redcastle - The Zalman looks quite good as well especially for the price. I'll check out some YouTube videos for mic tests as well of both of them.
    Edited by: "taker" 21st Jun 2014

taker

Thank you for the replies folks.@bubblegum2910 - I've already got a … Thank you for the replies folks.@bubblegum2910 - I've already got a pretty good webcam with a microphone but obviously with a separate microphone it would enable me to get clearer audio.@joshp - That Samson Mic you recommended looks pretty good especially considering the price, I had a look and it seems to be really low at the minute as opposed to it's original price.@redcastle - The Zalman looks quite good as well especially for the price. I'll check out some YouTube videos for mic tests as well of both of them.

Yeah, it sure is. Since I bought mine around 4 weeks ago everyone on Skype can't believe the quality! As you suggested, you should see some reviews on YouTube, also check out the Amazon reviews, for the Samson mic some have posted video responses with the Mic. You will see what I mean about the quality and for only £26.... it's a winner.

I know a lot of people who swear by the Blue range of mics
    in your price range you'd be looking at the Snowball, gets good reviews

joshp

This is incredible for how much it costs: … This is incredible for how much it costs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samson-Mic-Clip-USB-Microphone/dp/B001R76D42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403351160&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+goI can't believe the difference between this and my headset mic, along with that it is so small :DUnless spending quite alot on a good webcam, the mic would not be that good!

OP depending what you need either this above mic looks good for anything serious but if you just need a mic to capture sound i swear by this clip on mic...
    Clip on mic

Original Poster

Looks like there's several recommendations for the Samson microphone, I may just go for that.

I'll only be using it when I'm at the desk so I don't really have a preference to be honest.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men66
      2. Any good robotic lawn mower someone could recommend?22
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment610
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies34

See more discussions