Can anyone recommend me a good 24" 1080p TV..(I can't find any)

Posted 9th May
Hello, I've been looking for a decent 24" TV online for a while and all I can find are 720p TV's. I know I could just buy a PC monitor which would do 1080p just fine but I would miss the remote and the TV tuner.
Do they still make 24" TV's that do 1080p?
I can't seem to find a single one
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
768p is typically more than adequate when using a 24" screen for TV applications. Would normally only notice resolution benefit of 1080p over 768p when using a 24" screen in near-field applications such as a PC monitor.
I’m sure lidl have some 24 inch in at the moment but I don’t know technical details
LG do a 22 inch 1080p TV but that's the best I can do.
Can it be 32" good one on eBay at moment
Ukguy10109/05/2020 15:59

Can it be 32" good one on eBay at moment

Not really, I do use my current TV as a monitor. Its 24" which I find ideal size as I am quite close to it's but only 1366x768 resolution.When I do play the odd PC game I can really notice the 'grainy' look at that res but its fine for regular TV watching. 1080p would be perfect for me if only I could find one
hukdjps09/05/2020 16:05

Not really, I do use my current TV as a monitor. Its 24" which I find …Not really, I do use my current TV as a monitor. Its 24" which I find ideal size as I am quite close to it's but only 1366x768 resolution.When I do play the odd PC game I can really notice the 'grainy' look at that res but its fine for regular TV watching. 1080p would be perfect for me if only I could find one

There's a 22" full hd LG tv £ 120 in Argos
What about a monitor in 1080p?
Toon_army09/05/2020 17:02

What about a monitor in 1080p?

I had a 24" monitor @ 1080p but really missed the remote control that you get with a TV. I am just a little surprised that 24" TV's 1080p don't really exist.
hukdjps09/05/2020 17:07

I had a 24" monitor @ 1080p but really missed the remote control that you …I had a 24" monitor @ 1080p but really missed the remote control that you get with a TV. I am just a little surprised that 24" TV's 1080p don't really exist.

Remote honestly wouldn't bother me if it's just for turning the screen on/off, I always get up to turn the plug off I'm worried in case it ever catches fire
Can you not have something a little bigger? Like 28 or 32, or do you not have the room
Toon_army09/05/2020 19:17

Remote honestly wouldn't bother me if it's just for turning the screen …Remote honestly wouldn't bother me if it's just for turning the screen on/off, I always get up to turn the plug off I'm worried in case it ever catches fire Can you not have something a little bigger? Like 28 or 32, or do you not have the room

Unfortunately I just don't have the room plus 24" is about the perfect size for me to view when I'm sitting at my desk, approximately 77cm distance from my eyes to screen. Going bigger might be uncomfortable to view at a close viewing distance and going smaller to say 22" (mentioned earlier in this thread) would be downgrading the TV viewing experience for when I'm watching in bed. Saying that I think the only option looks like going to a bigger size screen as 24" 1080p TV's are hard to find.
hukdjps09/05/2020 17:07

I had a 24" monitor @ 1080p but really missed the remote control that you …I had a 24" monitor @ 1080p but really missed the remote control that you get with a TV. I am just a little surprised that 24" TV's 1080p don't really exist.

Wouldn't the Freeview box that you use have a remote? the monitor will switch itself off when not in use and turn back on when the Freeview is on.
Edited by: "Gormond" 9th May
Gormond09/05/2020 19:45

Wouldn't the Freeview box that you use have a remote? the monitor will …Wouldn't the Freeview box that you use have a remote? the monitor will switch itself off when not in use and turn back on when the Freeview is on.

I do use a Humax freesat recorder box and yes the remote is fine for volume and changing TV channels plus turning off said box. What I find is having a TV + remote allows me to choose different picture modes ie movie, game vivid etc at the press of a button which you don't/wont get with a monitor.
If for example I'm watching a film using KODI on my PC while in bed, it's soo much more convenient to adjust those options on a TV remote, with a monitor it requires finding the buttons on the side of the panel and navigating through multiple menus to achieve the same result. Also I have found the volume output through the headphone socket on a PC monitor (at least the one I had) to be very poor quality, of course this might be down to the monitor I was previously using
hukdjps09/05/2020 20:11

I do use a Humax freesat recorder box and yes the remote is fine for …I do use a Humax freesat recorder box and yes the remote is fine for volume and changing TV channels plus turning off said box. What I find is having a TV + remote allows me to choose different picture modes ie movie, game vivid etc at the press of a button which you don't/wont get with a monitor. If for example I'm watching a film using KODI on my PC while in bed, it's soo much more convenient to adjust those options on a TV remote, with a monitor it requires finding the buttons on the side of the panel and navigating through multiple menus to achieve the same result. Also I have found the volume output through the headphone socket on a PC monitor (at least the one I had) to be very poor quality, of course this might be down to the monitor I was previously using

Yeah changing picture modes can be pain, good point although I think you are going to have to compromise somewhere.
Philips do one but they are hard to get hold of.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions