Can anyone recommend me a HDMI splitter

Found 18th Jul 2011
Hi All

I need a HDMI splitter and a couple of HDMI cables (also, ethernet cables), but I've got no idea where to look and no idea about brands and quality etc.

Can anyone recommend a splitter, doesn't need to be top of the range by any means, but one that will work well. I need 3 inputs, but I wouldn't mind more for a bit more money.

Also, where is a good place to buy cheap HDMI cables and Ethernet cables?

Thanks in advance
Gary

1. Misc
  2. HDMI
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. HDMI
9 Comments

Don't know about the splitter but after trying a few different HDMI cables I tend to buy the Amazon basics 2m one for a fiver.

amazon.co.uk/Ama…_ce

Ignore the ethernet bit in it's description as that's just futureproofing about data transfer sharing and doesn't really mean it has any kind of ethernet jack.

i bought a 3 port splitter of ebay, works fine, cost about £10

A splitter splits the output signal so you can send to 2 TV's. The OP is actually looking for a switcher I believe?

athunder

i bought a 3 port splitter of ebay, works fine, cost about £10

same works a treat

op

amazon.co.uk/Dur…1-1

that will do ya fine
Edited by: "KapA" 18th Jul 2011

Original Poster

smashed

A splitter splits the output signal so you can send to 2 TV's. The OP is … A splitter splits the output signal so you can send to 2 TV's. The OP is actually looking for a switcher I believe?

Yep, that's right, apologies for any confusion.

Original Poster

KapA

same works a … same works a treatop[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FDuronic-Switch-input-output-Switcher%2Fdp%2FB0020426AG%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1%3Fs%3Delectronics%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1310993831%26sr%3D1-1]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-Switch-input-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310993831&sr=1-1[/url]that will do ya fine

Cheers for that, I was looking at another one by the same company, so I think that's my decision made. Does anyone know of any cheaper cables at all?

ebay, about £1.99 each or I picked one up from Argos for £3 done me 2 years now

edit.

Edited by: "EN1GMA" 18th Jul 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text