Groups

can anyone recommend me a hi vis walking jacket

I'm looking for recommendation for a hi vis jacket preferably light weight but warm I've seen lots to choose from but the ones I've seen either have just 1 pocket or none at all I was hoping to have at least a couple.
    I appreciate any advice that you can give me.

5 Comments

Have you looked at the cycling jackets? I've got an Altura one with two large pockets and a zipped chest pocket. Downside is that it hasn't got a hood which is a pain when you bike into town and then when you start walking round town it starts raining.

Original Poster

speedy gonzalez

Have you looked at the cycling jackets? I've got an Altura one with two … Have you looked at the cycling jackets? I've got an Altura one with two large pockets and a zipped chest pocket. Downside is that it hasn't got a hood which is a pain when you bike into town and then when you start walking round town it starts raining.

​thank you unfortunately no shops near me that sell it and I don't drive but next time I'm out of town I'll look out for it

whats your price range, lightweight but warm, so you want a jacket with warmth in it, ie not an outer shell.

i tend to layer so have a goretex outer shell and a fleece underneith.
    as speedy gonzales has said if you want hiviz maybe a cycling jacket would be better.

i recently got a rab flashpoint waterproof cost £100 its colour is chrome and so should work for some visibility, but its not designed to be warm, although waterproof and wind resistant

Original Poster

too be honest £100 is a wee bit more than I would like to pay but if I was worth it I would. I've looked at cycling jackets but most of the ones I've seen have rear pockets but I'm not to keen on unless it also has the pockets you could put your hands in. Thank you for your recommendation though I will take a look
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      3. sky q is it a good deal?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc37

See more discussions