Groups
    EXPIRED

can anyone recommend me a really decent scart to scart lead?

watched something earlier on sky+ and it was awful.

most stuff on there reasonably watchable.

it was obviously a bad quality transfer but, nonetheless, i'd like a better quality scart to improve image quality.

also, are there ways within sky+ itself to improve the quality, other than simply ensuring it's set to RGB not PAL?

5 Comments

are you certain your actually watching through the scart?
    Unless the tv is miles away from the sky+ box the picture using AMY scart should be perfect

Check that your tv is on the AV channel and not tuned into the sky box using the rf lead - simple test watch something on sky+ and pull out the small round black cable from the rf out[ut on the back of the box, if you lose the picture your not watching through the scart lead

Banned

Can be got for around £2 at the hut

Unlike HDMI cables with scart you have to pay money for quality.

I always used QED in my setups, consistently awesome cables.

Having said that i dont have much experience of Sky+ boxes and this won't necessarily fix the problem, plus I think its a disgrace that sky+ boxes don't at least carry component.

Original Poster

karenhornby;8782493

are you certain your actually watching through the scart?Unless the tv is … are you certain your actually watching through the scart?Unless the tv is miles away from the sky+ box the picture using AMY scart should be perfectCheck that your tv is on the AV channel and not tuned into the sky box using the rf lead - simple test watch something on sky+ and pull out the small round black cable from the rf out[ut on the back of the box, if you lose the picture your not watching through the scart lead

deffo scart

pic is okay on standard sky but if a bad transfer is very blocky - hence wanting a good quality scart to maximise potential image.

Original Poster

forest2002;8782717

Unlike HDMI cables with scart you have to pay money for quality. I always … Unlike HDMI cables with scart you have to pay money for quality. I always used QED in my setups, consistently awesome cables. Having said that i dont have much experience of Sky+ boxes and this won't necessarily fix the problem, plus I think its a disgrace that sky+ boxes don't at least carry component.

i've seen a 1m qed av21 for £25 at superfi

superfi.co.uk/ind…596

seems to get very good reviews, do you reckon that'd be a good contender?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions