Can anyone recommend shin pads for a 3 yr old boy?

Found 24th Aug 2011
Been looking online, but the junior ones still look big.

He HAS to have them to be able to go to his football class, but stumped due to how small his legs are.

Tried local sports shop. Argos. But the junior ones look massive. Sports direct don't have any instock.

Just wondering if anyone knows best place to get 3 yr olds shin pads.
Community Updates
MisciPad
20 Comments
Banned
Sounds like the organisers of the football class are being ridiculously over cautious.
Original Poster
dcx_badass

Piece of cardboard and some elastic bands.

I did say this to the owner of sports shop lol My poor boy would never be allowed to forget how tight his mum was lol
Original Poster
master_chief

Sounds like the organisers of the football class are being ridiculously … Sounds like the organisers of the football class are being ridiculously over cautious.

I did think that to a degree, as they are only 3 so really going to be learning the skills of not picking up the ball and walking off oO But he needs a kit, shin pads and trainers, He has everything apart from pads.
Sloth/Mod
master_chief

Sounds like the organisers of the football class are being ridiculously … Sounds like the organisers of the football class are being ridiculously over cautious.

^^^ This

I wouldn't send him. At that age football should be fun not competitive and over the top like this. Don't ruin the sport for him at such an early age.
Original Poster
Syzable

^^^ ThisI wouldn't send him. At that age football should be fun not … ^^^ ThisI wouldn't send him. At that age football should be fun not competitive and over the top like this. Don't ruin the sport for him at such an early age.

I was putting it off till he was about 5. But I just assume at 3 its not going to be competitive and pushy. Obviously if he says no to going then I wouldn't push him. But he is quite excited about going. We can only try. Just didn't think it would be shin kicking sport just yet lol
Syzable

^^^ ThisI wouldn't send him. At that age football should be fun not … ^^^ ThisI wouldn't send him. At that age football should be fun not competitive and over the top like this. Don't ruin the sport for him at such an early age.

when my lil un was younger, i think 5, i sent him to a football thing over half term....NEVER AGAIN! it was stupidly competitive and full of mental chav parents!
Banned
Syzable

Think OP is looking for an early retirement nest egg.
beth3735

I was putting it off till he was about 5. But I just assume at 3 its not … I was putting it off till he was about 5. But I just assume at 3 its not going to be competitive and pushy. Obviously if he says no to going then I wouldn't push him. But he is quite excited about going. We can only try. Just didn't think it would be shin kicking sport just yet lol

by the way not cussing u in any way...just be prepared for the over competitve parents....quite freaky!
Have you been told he needs them by the coaches?

I'm a coach and do classes for this age group and would never make such things mandatory.

Think you would really struggle to get them that small.
Sloth/Mod
beth3735

I was putting it off till he was about 5. But I just assume at 3 its not … I was putting it off till he was about 5. But I just assume at 3 its not going to be competitive and pushy. Obviously if he says no to going then I wouldn't push him. But he is quite excited about going. We can only try. Just didn't think it would be shin kicking sport just yet lol

Bless him. Hopefully it's just a case of them being ott on health and safety and it is just fun.

My best suggestion for shin pads would be to try Sports Direct store.
Original Poster
master_chief

Think OP is looking for an early retirement nest egg.

lol I wish, my boy has only just got out of night time nappies so don't think we will go anywhere fast, Its just his sisters both do something and I have always told him he can go play football when he was old enough
Banned
marsland95l2cr

Have you been told he needs them by the coaches?I'm a coach and do … Have you been told he needs them by the coaches?I'm a coach and do classes for this age group and would never make such things mandatory.Think you would really struggle to get them that small.

This.

Do you really want your 3 year old in the charge of people incapable of basic common sense?
Original Poster
marsland95l2cr

Have you been told he needs them by the coaches?I'm a coach and do … Have you been told he needs them by the coaches?I'm a coach and do classes for this age group and would never make such things mandatory.Think you would really struggle to get them that small.

Yes coach has said to get them. maybe I should ask him where I can find them so dinky.
Original Poster
magicbeans

when my lil un was younger, i think 5, i sent him to a football thing … when my lil un was younger, i think 5, i sent him to a football thing over half term....NEVER AGAIN! it was stupidly competitive and full of mental chav parents!

MB I can see me being a right outcast then lol Im not one to get all riled over a goal lol I will just be sat quietly in the corner oO
magicbeans

when my lil un was younger, i think 5, i sent him to a football thing … when my lil un was younger, i think 5, i sent him to a football thing over half term....NEVER AGAIN! it was stupidly competitive and full of mental chav parents!

you seem a bit of a chav yourself if you don't mind me saying
Banned
ps3fanboy35

you seem a bit of a chav yourself if you don't mind me saying

sez the ps3fanboy

oh the irony!
csiman

sez the ps3fanboyoh the irony!

yes my name seems to imply i'm a chav but what the hell am I meant to call myself on this website
I've bought some yesterday for my 6 year old from sports direct but they are far too small. Brand new but I threw the packet away. I paid £3 for them and you can have them for that plus postage.I was going to leave them for my 2 year old to play with but you are welcome to them
Banned
ps3fanboy35

yes my name seems to imply i'm a chav but what the hell am I meant to … yes my name seems to imply i'm a chav but what the hell am I meant to call myself on this website

maybe call yourself "sillyquestionofthedaywinner" judging by the threads you keep posting in misc
csiman

maybe call yourself "sillyquestionofthedaywinner" judging by the threads … maybe call yourself "sillyquestionofthedaywinner" judging by the threads you keep posting in misc

funny much?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants